Quirimbas island hopping dhow safari
FROM PRICE: $ 2050 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 1670
Explore one tropical island to another in the awesome Quirimbas Archipelago on a traditional Mozambique dhow enjoying a snorkelling, fishing, kayaking and star gazing along the way.
Sail the Indian Ocean in a traditional dhow.
Quirimbas Archipelago, northern Mozambique - 8 days/7 nights
Where is it?
This exceptional experience takes place in the Quirimbas Archipelago, northern Mozambique. Catering for the discerning adventurer seeking a unique luxury island experience in one of the most magical places in Africa.
What is the best time of year to go?
The most comfortable travelling conditions are generally in the cooler season from April until October. The climate is tropical and warm with temperatures sitting around 23°C. The wet, hot season is from October unti April when temperatures average around 28° C and the humidity is around 75%.
The hottest and most humid parts of the country are on the north eastern coast and upper Zambezi Valley. The coolest are areas in the highlands such as Niassa Reserve and Namula provinces near Ilha de Mocambique.
How to get there
The safari starts and ends in Pemba, northern Mozambique. Flights are available into Pemba on a daily basis from South Africa and on certain days of the week from Nairobi in Kenya and Dar-es-Salaam in Tanzania.
You'll be met in Pemba and will road transfer to Mucoja to meet the dhow.
Tips and Notes
The price is based on 4 - 6 guests sharing on set departure dates. Special rate applies to 7 to 10 guests. Contact us if you'd like a price for 2 - 3 persons sharing (this is a wonderful honeymoon trip).
Highlights included in the 8 day itinerary
• Itinerary as per the detailed itinerary
• Meet and greet in Pemba and road transfer to Mucoja
• 4 nights pristine island hopping by traditional motorised dhow
• Experienced English and Portuguese speaking crew
• Fully catered eco and NON participation mobile camp with
guide, chef and local crew
• All camping and catering equipment
• Meals under the stars on an uninhabited island
• Cultural exchanges and guided tours
• Snorkeling and swimming usually in seclusion
• 3 nights Ibo Island Lodge on full board basis (excl.drinks)
• Guided historical and cultural tours of Ibo Island