Botswana Classic safari
Explore Botswana’s pristine wildernesses from a tree island on the edge of the Okavango Delta. Venturing to the deep heart of the Delta and its lily clad waterways.
Huge savings on accommodation plus no single supplement
- Botswana’s Okavango Delta
- Linyanti Concession
- 8 days/7 nights
Highlights of the Botswana Classic Safari
We’ll catch a flight to Maun then it’s just a short plane transfer over a jaw-dropping landscape straight into the Okavango Delta. Spend two nights on the edge of the Okavango Delta at a luxury safari camp. Two nights in the very heart of the delta region, drifting along the waterlily clad waterways. Our final three nights are spent close to the Savute Channel in the Linyanti. An area is renowned for its lions, elephants and expert guides.
- This system of grassland, swamp and bush attracts healthy numbers of predators. Concentrations of wildlife include lechwe, elephant, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, roan antelope and cheetah.
- Linyanti is a birder’s paradise. Flocks of carmine bee-eaters, Kori Bustarts, collared palm thrush and Arnot’s chat. Just a few to tick off the list!
- All activities are one the waterways either in a mokoro (dug out canoe) or in a motor boat. A quintessential Okavango safari experience!
Best time to go to Botswana
- 1st November to 30 June – specific safari dates (excludes 20 December to 10 January)
- April, May and June are delightful. The end of the rainy season, just before the main rush of tourists arrive. Skies are clear and the landscape is lush.
- Late October/November – at the other end of the season before the new rains start, the animals are easy to find, gathered around the waterholes and remaining patches of grass.
You're met at Maun airport for small plane charter to Delta Camp in time for a late lunch a little relaxation and afternoon game drive.
Breakfast and out to see the animals heading for an early morning drink. This is the time to catch the nightlife just returning rest up for the day and the early birds (and animals) just rising.
Morning game drive and brunch then transfer to your next camp. Time to relax before exploring the waterways of the Okavango Delta by mokoro or motorboat. Great birding-look out for Pel's fishing owl.
Boat cruises, mokoro safari, bird watching and guided walks. Professional safari guides are hightly trained in flora and fauna of the area and play an intrinsic role in deciding where to go when.
Last excursion at Xigeria, short flight to Savuti Camp where you're guide will meet you. Relax on your verandah before the evening game drive with sundowners.
Look out for elephant, zebra, wildebeest, lechwe, giraffe, impala, reedbuck, lion, hyena, and leopard. Plus seasonal migrations of elephant and zebra at certain times of the year.
Morning and afternoon game excursions. Additional private guide and activities can be booked. The waters of the Linyanti are at their highest during May and tend to dry out between June and October.
Last morning and a leisurely breakfast before making the connection for your charter flight back to Maun. We suggest adding on 5 nights in Cape Town or heading to Victoria Falls for a few days.
Tips and notes
The price includes:
- All accommodation,
- parks fees
- inter-connecting camp transfers
- game viewing activities.
- International flights to reach Maun at the beginning of your safari and to depart from Kasane at the end
- applicable Visa fees
- tips, travel and medical insurance and items of a personal nature.
How to get there
The safari starts in Maun and ends in Kasane, Botswana. You will be flown between each camp on scheduled private charter flights. We recommend adding on a few nights in Victoria Falls at the end of the safari, it is just two hours by road from your final stop in Kasane.
Speak to your dedicated Zambezi consultant to arrange your additional safari time or your international flights.
The Katavi and Mahale safari is an 8 night trip offering outstanding resident game in the wild Katavi plus chimpanzees in the remote forests of Mahale
Get into the heart of Zambia’s premier wildlife hotspot… luxury bushcamps, excellent cuisine and top notch Professional Guides
Discover the Okavango World Heritage Site by foot, boat and vehicle. This safari tour over 8 days covers Moremi and the Delta.
Combine creature comforts in Victoria Falls with an active safari in Hwange’s wild reaches with one of Zimbabwe’s top guiding teams over a week
Botswana's Okavango Delta is known for its wildlife diversity, it's one of Africa's best year round safari places with famous camps and lodgesRead More