Kafue and Victoria Falls special
With over 500 bird species, this 5 night safari to the Kafue National Park appeals to birders as well as those looking for a remote safari experience before ending in Victoria Falls.
Off the beaten track… Zambia’s Kafue National Park is a vast floodplain delta with impressive wildlife living on the floodplains including large prides of lion.
- Kafue National Park
- Livingstone (Victoria Falls), Zambia
- 6 days/5 nights
Highlights of Kafue and Victoria Falls
The Kafue National Park is Zambia’s oldest and largest National Park. The flood plains, rivers, and woodlands are home to an impressive array of bird and animal life. There are a number of private lodges including the Busanga and the Shumba Camps.
- Stay at Busanga Bush Camp in the heart of the Busanga Plains in a copse of fig trees has. Just 4 tents looking out at the herds of Puku and lechwe. Dine under the canopy of a majestic tree by the light of a chandelier lantern
- The stylish Shumba Camp (named after the famous pride of lions who live nearby) in the middle of the Busanga Plains with easy access to the floodplains teeming with wildlife. 6 spacious luxury tents on raised platforms with spectacular views
- the Toka Leya Camp at Victoria Falls is home for your last night. 12 spacious en-suite safari style tents with wooden floors. Family units available.
- bungee jumping and water sports, excellent fishing and arguably the best commercial white water rafting in the world!
- relax by the pool overlooking the Zambezi – what more could you ask for… the endless list of activities led by experienced qualified guides perhaps? Well, we can do that too, their stories and tales will make your safari holiday all the more memorable!
Best time to visit Kafue
- June to October – the wetlands start to dry up from June onwards, drawing the game closer and closer to the permanent sources of water. Camps open – 1 June to 31 October when the rains start.
- November – the game is concentrated on finding the scarce food and water sources until the rains start to fall again in December
You're met on arrival at Lusaka for a transfer to Kafue then 40 mins. road transfer to Busanga Bush Camp, home for 2 nights-all inclusive basis with twice daily activities, laundry and local drinks.
Morning and afternoon/evening game drives, walking safaris by qualified guides. amazing sunrise and sunsets. the Plains are home to huge numbers of birds and wildlife.
Game drive transfer to Shumba Camp. Activities include: game drives, boating, birding, star gazing with laser, guided nature walks, barbel fishing, bird hide.
Flight to Livingstone, 20 min road transfer to Toka Leya, all inc.on the banks of the Zambezi. Guided tour of the Falls, sunset river cruise, village visit, tour Livingstone Museum.
20 minute road transfer to Livingstone Airport for you onward travel. We recommend adding extra nights at Toka Leya in Livingstone if time permits.
How to get there
The Kafue & Victoria Falls Special starts and ends at Lusaka with return air transfers provided from Lusaka to Kafue National Park.
Please ask your Zambezi consultant if you would like us to book your international flights.
Tips and notes
- All transfers are included starting from Lusaka and end in Livingstone
- The price includes all meals, daily activities, laundry and drinks (excluding premium import brands)
- Road transfers from Livingstone to Livingstone Airport at the end of your stay
- Camps are 4 star and very comfortable with en-suite bathrooms
The itinerary can be reversed to start in Victoria Falls and end in Lusaka
Safari Tip: Due to the range and variety of activities on offer at Victoria Falls, we recommend additional nights in the area.
- International fees, Visa fees if required, any increase to local departure taxes and park fees
- Premium imported brands and Champagne, gratuities, items of a personal nature
- Any tours or activities not included in the itinerary will be paid for locally.
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities with game drives around the plains
- Walking safaris
- Night drives to explore the area’s nocturnal wonders
- Soar over the plains in a hot air balloon for a very different perspective of the landscape giving uninterrupted viewing of the floodplains and wildlife
- Round off the trip with a Champagne breakfast, an unforgettable experience
Activities at Victoria Falls include:
- Tour of the Victoria Falls on the Zambian side
- River cruises
- Game drives within Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Fishing and guided nature walks
- Visits to Mkuni Market and a nearby village
- Tours of Livingstone town and museum add cultural diversity
- Helicopter flights
- White water rafting and jet boating
- Full day drives with picnics, night drives, birding excursions and walks
"Livingstone-Victoria Falls March: We have arrived safely home after an amazing holiday. We were met upon our arrival at Livingstone Airport by our driver who was waiting patiently in the"Tracy A read more >>
Kafue National Park, ideal for first timers and seasoned African travellers, southern Africa's best spot for a balloon safari over the Busanga PlainsRead More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access in the best safari destinationsRead More