Victoria Falls & Chobe Explorer
Wildlife and waterfalls – from Victoria Falls World Heritage Site to game drives and river cruising in the Chobe National Park. This week long safari has it all.
- Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
- Chobe River Front
- 7 days/6 nights
Highlights of the Victoria Falls & Chobe Explorer
- Let’s start with Victoria Falls, your base for the first 3 nights. We’ve included tour the Falls, sunset cruise, traditional ‘boma’ dinner
- plenty of free time to explore Africa’s adventure capital. Get a buzz out of the adrenaline filled activities… white water rafting, bungee jumping or perhaps a micro-light flight. Or keep your feet firmly on the ground with a visit to the market and high tea at Victoria Falls Hotel or a round of golf followed by a little relaxation at one of the excellent spas – Victoria Falls has it all!
- Beautiful Chobe National Park known for its elephant and hippo, large herds of buffalo and lion. Best game viewing is from the water so we’ve included a cruise along the Chobe River and a private boat trip
- the Safari Lodge has a pool and spa and overlooks a waterhole, the perfect spot to sit and watch the animals – including warthog, antelope plus many different species of birds… sunsets are spectacular too!
- Activities include: Vulture Culture Experience, game walks, Boma dining with traditional dancing and entertainment, sunset cruise and tour of the Falls. It’s a good option for wildlife viewing, birding, fishing, hiking, history and culture
- game drive through the National Park takes us to the Chobe Bush Lodge right next to the Chobe River, close to the point where Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe meet. An excellent base for exploring the region.
- Chobe Bush Lodge is new, spacious and modern with luxurious rooms and views over the Chobe National Park. Spend 3 nights at the Lodge with breakfast and dinner daily, games drive, 2 hour private boat trip, river cruise, cultural visit to a Namibian village.
Best time to do the Victoria Falls & Chobe Explorer
- April to early November – avoiding the to avoid the rains (end of November to the end of March).
Met on arrival for transfer to the Lodge and check in. Sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, sipping drinks as the sun sets.
Early rise to see the animals drinking at the waterhole from your room. Tour of Victoria Falls. 'Vulture Culture' lunch, Dinner at the Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant.
You're free to explore Victoria Falls today returning for Dinner at the Boma-gourmet food with traditional dancing and entertainment.
Leave Victoria Falls, game drive transfer to Chobe Safari Lodge, Botswana (2.5 hrs.). Arrive check in and relax. dinner in the evening.
You have a number of included activities which you're free to do whenever you wish - River boat cruise, private boat cruise, game drive plus 2 additional activities. Breakfast and dinner daily.
Leave Chobe for Victoria Falls to continue under your own arrangement. Please advise your Zambezi consultant if you wish to extend your trip or would like us to book your flights for you.
How to get there
By air from Johannesburg, Harare or Lusaka.
By road through Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana or Namibia.
Please ask you Zambezi consultant if you would like us to assist with your flight bookings.
Tips and notes
Included at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge:
- Accommodation on a shared basis
- Dinner at Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant and the Boma
- Airport transfers
- Transfers to and from scheduled activities
- Sunset cruise
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Vulture Culture Experience
At Chobe Bush Lodge:
- Accommodation in luxury rooms
- One boat cruise on Chobe River
- One private boat cruise on Chobe River
- One game drive
- Two additional activities from those available
- Breakfast and dinner
- International flights
- drinks, laundry, lunch (add-on available), Park fees (at US$70pppd)
- Additional activities not included in package, Tips
Chobe is home to the highest concentration of elephants in Africa during the wet and dry season. It's renowned for impressive buffalo herds which sustain a very healthy population of lions. Zebra warthog, kudu, impala, wildebeest and a variety of other game are prevalent. And... the local bird list exceeds 450 species!Read More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access into Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and NamibiaRead More