Terms & Conditions
Go to the booking process to find a three step explanation from enquiry, to booking, to final payment/travel.
- Note that any safari activity is potentially hazardous. All legal instructions issued by your host or guide must be strictly adhered to.
- In some cases on safari you will also be expected to sign individual operator indemnity forms under which you may surrender certain legal rights - please read these documents carefully.
- Travel insurance is a condition of carriage. We may recommend both insurers and insurance policies but in all cases the contract of insurance is between you the client and the underwriter/s contracted.
Our Standard Booking Conditions form part of the guests contract with the Company and are binding in all cases unless otherwise amended and agreed to in writing by us.
Go to an Online copy of Booking Conditions
Go to "Travel Insurance" to buy individual travel insurance.
Go to "Planning your safari" for further advice on arranging your safari.
Our UK Registered Office - registration 3672841
c/o Francis Clark LLP, North Quay House, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, PL40RA, United Kingdom
Our UK Head Office is physically located at
Zambezi Safari & Travel Co. LTD
Africa House, Poundwell Street, Modbury, PL21 0QJ, United Kingdom
Our USA Registered Office - registration 131209000150 (New York State)
Zambezi Safari & Travel Co. INC
10th Floor, Helmsley Building, 230 Park Avenue, New York, 10169, NY
Consumer protection for our EU and UK clients
In order to provide consumer protection for our clients in accordance with EU and UK regulations our company is licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority and holds ATOL Licence 10135.
Air Travel Organisers Licence10135
For "air holidays" ATOL is the only protection scheme offered by tour operators in the UK. ATOL Protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom.
ATOL (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) is a statutory scheme managed by the Civil Aviation Authority to protect the public from losing money or being stranded abroad because of the failure of air travel firms. The Customer Protection Group manages the ATOL System by licensing Air Travel Organisers, discounted ticket sales firms, and holding bonds of licensees.
We are licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority and hold ATOL T7158. The air holidays arranged by our company are ATOL Protected. ATOL Protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom.
- In cases where we provide flights as a part of your safari you are protected under our ATOL licence, the flights which are supplied by another ATOL holder are protected under their bonds.
- When no flights are included in your safari this is defined as non-licensable by the CAA.
The payments you make for your flight are held by us on behalf of the ATOL holder who is supplying your flight until the day we pay them. The ATOL holder supplying the flight will issue an ATOL confirmation invoice which we in turn forward to you the consumer. (We do not sell air tickets to or through Travel Agents, we are licensed to sell air tickets to the public directly.)
We are also members of the trade association ATTA
ATTA creates the platform for buyers across Europe to meet suppliers of African tourism product at networking events, trade shows and through its links with the media. ATTA distributes news on tourism matters throughout Africa to its wide membership and acts as an information hub between the news media and the tourist industry in times of crisis.
ATTA is not a regulatory authority and has no control over the activities and operational practices of its members. ATTA advises consumers that protection is available in the market covering their investment, security, insurance and health.