safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Five of the best safaris to book now…
We’ve selected four of most successful classic safaris to book right now. Also one wild card trip for seasoned Africa hands looking for the next big adventure.
Victoria Falls Big 5 Safari
Simply the easiest way to experience Southern Africa’s top wildlife and wilderness areas within a week. Combine the splendour of the World Heritage Site at Victoria Falls with incredible year-round wildlife in Hwange National Park.
Highlights of the Victoria Falls big 5 safari:
- Spend 3 nights at Ilala Lodge. Just an 8 minute walk from Victoria Falls.
- Soak up the splendour of the rain forests on the edge of the Falls.
- Enjoy a complimentary dinner and rain forest tour.
- With lots of time for intense game viewing in Zambezi National Park.
- Then take a short flight to Hwange for 3 nights in the heart of one of Zimbabwe’s top national parks.
Spirit of the Zambezi Safari
We follow in the footsteps of the early explorers on our favourite trip through the Zambezi heartland, with top guides and outstanding wildlife. This 10-night safari includes a canoeing adventure along the Lower Zambezi through the Mana Pools National Park. Also game viewing along the shores of Lake Kariba. Finally a visit to Victoria Falls and a day trip to Chobe National Park.
Highlights of the Spirit of the Zambezi Safari:
- Spend 3-nights canoeing down the Lower Zambezi through the heart of the Mana Pools National Park.
- Take a short transfer to Musango Island on Lake Kariba for 3 nights on the shoreline of Matusadona National Park
- Then a light aircraft to Victoria Falls for 3 nights on the upper Zambezi.
- Include a guided tour of Victoria Falls and sunset cruise on the Upper Zambezi River.
- Found-off with a day-trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana for a different landscape, new river and more wildlife.
Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park is the country’s finest wildlife sanctuary. It’s home to leopard, hippo, crocodile, elephant and buffalo with healthy populations of wild dog. The South Luangwa is also renowned for its walking safaris. All coupled with unspoiled wilderness and small, deluxe bushcamps.
Highlights of the Luangwa Explorer:
- Start off at Mfuwe Lodge. The camp has 18 chalets with private decks, swimming pool and bush spa.
- Then 3 nights at Chamilandu Bushcamp with just three stilted chalets under an ebony grove in a prime river location.
- A further 3 nights at Bilimungwe Bushcamp, a small gem of a camp hidden under vast mahogany trees.
- End off with a final night at Mfuwe Lodge.
- In addition to game drives, the walking trails around the bushcamps are especially good for spotting wildlife.
Botswana Classic Safari
This is the quintessential Okavango safari experience. It affords access to the best of Botswana’s pristine wilderness. Stay in a luxury safari camp on a tree lined island on the Okavango before moving deep into the heart of the Delta with its lily clad waterways. The journey ends close to the Savute Channel in the Linyanti which is an area famed for its lions and elephants.
Highlights of the Botswana Classic Safari:
- We take a short plane transfer from Maun over a jaw-dropping landscape straight into the Okavango Delta.
- Spend 2 nights on the edge of the Okavango Delta at a luxury safari camp.
- Then 2 nights in the very heart of the Delta region, with days spent drifting along the waterways in a mokoro (dug out canoe).
- A final 3 nights close to the Savute Channel in the Linyanti, an area renowned for its lions, elephants and phenomenal bird life.
Duba Plains, Okavango Delta, Botswana courtesy Brendon Cremer Photography
Odzala Kokoua Discovery
Here’s one for seasoned Africa travellers, an active discovery within the very remote rainforests of the Congo Basin. Odzala Kokoua National Park is home to gorillas, chimpanzees and red-tailed monkeys. This rainforest eco-system is a colourful paradise, boasting over 400 species of bird and shy forest elephants too.
Highlights of the Odzala Kokoua Discovery:
- Head deep into the rainforest of the Republic of Congo for one of the least touched refuges of the western lowland gorilla (here our track record on gorilla sightings is 100%).
- It’s also a rare chance to explore this remote, thriving and largely unspoiled ecosystem.
- We run set date departure starting and ending in Brazzaville on Thursdays.
- In Odzala we spend 3 nights at Ngaga Camp. Here the main focus is on gorilla trekking and discovering other deep forest species.
- Then onto Mboko, our base for active explorations of the savanna mosaic and riverine forest over 2 nights.
- This safari finishes with 2 nights at Lango Camp. This is where you watch wildlife as it gathers to drink at Lango bai. (A bai is a marshy forest clearing which is rich in minerals and a magnet for animals and birds.)
Want more details?
Combine the breathtaking World Heritage Site Victoria Falls with Big 5 game viewing in Hwange National Park
Our favourite trip through the Zambezi heartland, with top guides and outstanding wildlife
Explore Zambia’s finest wildlife sanctuary by vehicle and on foot with the best guides
The quintessential Okavango Delta safari experience
Journey into one of the least spoiled refuges of the western lowland gorilla - a wild card trip with rich rewards