Where to stay VFA
We have categorised Victoria Falls accommodation into those facilities which are in or near to town and further broken into:
- Back packer and self catered
- Bed and breakfast
- Middle price range
- Top of the range options
The village of Victoria Falls is situated very close to the Falls themselves. Most visitors who stay in town enjoy some nightlife around the village or dinner in one of the many restaurants and almost all walk to the entrance of the Falls unless we have booked you on a guided tour.
The hotels and lodges out of town are usually more suitable for those who prefer a safari lodge type atmosphere, views across the gorge or the bush and less noise from the helicopters and planes which fly over the Falls on scenic tours.
We provide a wide range of activities in and around Victoria Falls and a comprehensive range of packages to suit all ages and tastes. Call us on our toll free number at the top of the page or contact us by email for some advice.
Back to Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls Rest Camp
There are 4 types of accommodation:
- 2 and 3 roomed chalets with shared bathroom, but en suite ( ie: within the same chalet)
- 1,2 and 3 roomed chalets with outside shared ablutions
- 3m x 3m bow tents on plinths
There is a central bar and dining room under thatch – open sided, and overlooking a large swimming pools. There is a fire lapa to the side of the bar where geusts can sit round the fire safari style.
The public area has a great view over the Falls spray and Zambezi.
Situated in the centre of Victoria Falls village on a large site with good security it allows easy access by foot for guests to walk to the Falls and the shops/restaurants and hotels.
- 37 luxury self catered lodges; set in a natural bush environment
- Very suitable for families - 2 and 3 bedroomed chalets
- Close to the Boma Restaurant and Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, 4km's from the Falls
Bed and breakfast
Amadeus Garden Guest House
Middle of the range hotels and lodges
- Three Star. Situated in the town centre; unique Moorish architecture; air conditioning
- Audible roar of the Falls in the background
- Unique roof-top coffee shop with a panoramic view including spray from the Falls
- Three Star. 5kms from the Falls. Courtesy transfers available.
- Thatched roof, perfect retreat to relax; African cuisine available
- The only hotel with a riverside location, sunset cruises from the hotel
- Tented accommodation on stilts, just 10 rooms, private estate
- Situated on the edge of Zambezi National Park. 7km from Victoria Falls
Please note our recent reviews of Sprayview Hotel have resulted in us recommending avoiding this hotel until it has undergone renovation.
Top of the range hotels in or very close to Victoria Falls town
The Victoria Falls Hotel
- The Grand Old Lady of Victoria Falls, olde worlde charm
- Built in 1904, overlooks the bridge and the gorge; preferred address for royal families, statesmen, celebs and discerning travellers.
- Modernisation programme in progress
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- Just out of town, hourly transfers; uninterrupted views of magnificent African sunsets
- On-site waterhole; designed as a vast open tree house;
- Bedrooms overlook national park and waterhole, excellent restaurants including the Boma
- Discounted packagesat Victoria Falls Safari Lodge are available from time to time
- Small owner managed safari lodge close to the Falls
- Low key decor, excellent hosting and service
- Convenient to all amenities in Victoria Falls, closest hotel to the Falls
- Wildlife graze on the lawns
- Excellent sunset cruises on the Ra-Ikane luxury cruise boat, period decor and memorabilia
Elephant Hills Resort
- Five Star, AfriSun Hotel, on a hilltop overlooking the Zambezi
- Out of town, 3kms from the Falls
- Fantastic golf course designed by Gary Player and visited by warthogs and other animals!
The Kingdom at Victoria Falls
- Situated within walking distance of the falls and shops, based on Great Zimbabwe architecture
- Casino and nightly entertainment; man made lake in the centre of the resort
- Excellent in-house recycing programme. Recently accredited with ISO 9001:2001 certification
Out of town hotels and lodges
The Stanley and Livingstone
- Situated out of town close to the National Park; wealth of bird-life
- Luxury accommodation and food; tropical tranquility
- Beautiful boat on its private lake Nakavango in the Victoria Falls Private Nature Reserve (owned by the lodge).
- Excellent wine cellar, connoisseur's choice
- Out of town situated on the edge of the gorge overlooking the Zambezi
- 5 star location, not for the faint-hearted!
- Every bedroom has spectacular views of the gorge
Matetsi private Game Reserve
- On banks of the Zambezi river; three individual camps each with six suites each
- Private plunge pools, air conditioned
- Meals on the river banks, quiet lookouts to African bush and the river
- Game drives and river cruises, birding, photography
Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge
- Situated on the Zambezi River close to Kazungula and Caprivi wetlands
- Private concession
- Completely refurbished and offers a wilderness experience close to Victoria Falls
- Excellent combination with Hwange National Park
Sanctuary Lodge and Wildlife Orphanage in the Victoria Falls National Park 500 acre concession - will offer interaction with rhino, cheetah and elephant. Rehabilitation of fauna and flora in the reserve. Bounded by the Zambezi River Gorge and the Masuwe River Gorge.