General News - June 2009
Truly authentic African safaris - 22 June 2009
Featuring a selection of favourite camps and preferred locations the safaris are aimed at getting back to basics without compromising on quality and comfort. With everything from canoeing the Zambezi to more traditional safaris, there’s something to suit every Africa aficionado.
Managing Director comments: “Our African roots give us the depth of experience to include a range of smaller, lesser known and therefore more exclusive camps wherever possible, which are not always included by more traditional operators. Put simply, these are some of the best safaris around at the best prices.”
“We’re also running our own privately guided safaris this season, a very affordable way to enjoy an extra-ordinary experience.”
• NEW Escorted safaris – Zambezi’s resident professional guide is leading a series of traditional safaris through the 2009 season. He's covering the best of Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. These are old fashioned safaris at old fashioned prices where the focus is on getting outstanding game experiences in the best areas without crowds. Price from £2,735 per person.
• Lower Zambezi canoe safaris – 4 to 10 day expeditions from Kariba through Mana Pools and the Lower Zambezi National Park to the remotest stretches of the Zambezi. Best combined with a walking safari. Operate April to November. Typical 4 day safari from £465 for either "full participation" camping or "backed up". Low season discounts apply. Easy to combine with Victoria Falls, Botswana and Luangwa valley. Top guides, exceptional wildlife, no crowds!
• The Luangwa Valley Explorer, Zambia - 7 nights in the South Luangwa combining our favourite bush camps with one night at Mfuwe Lodge. Distinguished by truly excellent game, an emphasis on walking and some of the best guides and hosts you'll find in Africa. Available May to October only. £2,435 per person all inclusive (except bar bill at Mfuwe) with return flights from Lusaka.
• Botswana Explorer - 5 nights combining the Moremi Game Reserve with the seasonally flooded zone of the southern Okavango. Starts and ends Maun through the season. £2,465 per person all inclusive with return flights from Maun. (30% discount available in "low season" from January to March 2010.)
• Serengeti and Ngorongoro walking safaris, Tanzania - Only 3 operators have permission to walk within the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area. These 7 and 11 day trips are with bright, knowledgeable, articulate local guides with TANAPA armed rangers. Get the timing right in the Serengeti and expect to be walking with the migration without a vehicle or other visitor in sight. Join the Ngorongoro hike to visit the craters and pass Ol Doinyo Lengai en route to Lake Natron. The trips are best suited to old Africa hands or very adventurous spirits. From £1,800 per person on set date trips, private departures available year round.
There are also options for Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi and Namibia along with a wide range of special packages at Victoria Falls.
Rafting is re-opening! - 3 June 2009
The trips will be running on “high water”, initially from rapids 14 – 25 and shortly after that (once the water levels have dropped further) from rapids 10 – 25. At rapid 25, all clients will get the lift out of the gorge where our truck will be waiting for them with soft drinks and beers, they will then be driven back to Zambezi Waterfront for a well deserved meal and to watch the video of their day’s trip before being transferred back to their accommodation.