Share this if you still have your Zambezi T-shirt!
As the Zambezi passes through the Batoka Gorge below Victoria Falls it’s recognised by rafting enthusiasts as one of the top 10 paddling rivers on the planet!
Acclaimed as the “wildest one-day whitewater run in the World”
It all happens in the heart of Africa’s adventure capital at Victoria Falls. An easy connection from Johannesburg to southern Africa’s main safari hub.
We’ve just made it easier for the 2015 season…
- $250 will cover 2 nights worth of accommodation including a one day rafting ticket
- Better still, if you fill a raft with 8 friends then one paddler goes free - spread the word!
- Spend a few more days in town and you’ll qualify for a few special deals
- Include a safari into Hwange or Botswana and we’ll give you some complimentary extras too
Best time to go
Rafting’s best when the water’s low, during the run-up to mid-summer from late September through until around New Year when the annual floods start pushing over Victoria Falls. The weather’s warm and it’s smack bang in the middle of one of our “secret seasons” for a safari too.
What you need to know
- We run simple one day rafting trips from around June through spring and summer into early February
- The longer expeditions take two to five days - they run from late August to early January only
- The Zambezi is renowned for its extremely high volume and steep gradient. Nearly half of the rapids are Grade 5 on the one day trip. Here’s a full description of each rapid with a map of the Batoka Gorge.
- Accommodation is easy in either Livingstone (Zambia) or Victoria Falls itself (Zimbabwe). Truth be told, Zimbabwe is better.
- See our FAQ for info on travel documents and how to book etc.