safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
“If 2016 was an unpredictable devil, then meet 2017….the wild sister!”
We’ve broken free of 2016 and are now crashing into 2017 with hope and strong intent to make this coming year much better than the last.
- So here’re our 5 top tips for your next safari plan. (going beyond the obvious; secret and green seasons; luxury?!; people)
- A few safari suggestions for 2017 (best value; top picks; special offers)
- Some humour and highlights that caught most attention last year
…if you’re planning your African travel this coming year then…
- Remember to go beyond the obvious when planning your safari – recap on African geography; understand our seasons; “people make the difference”
- Think about Africa’s “secret seasons” – just after the rains in May and June; just as the new rains are about to start in October and November
- Catch the rainy season – consider southern Africa’s “green season” in the warm summer months from November through to April
- Luxury on safari is easy – getting the full experience is about being in the right places, at the right time, with the right people!
- Meet some people making the difference!
Featured trips this year
- Six best value safaris – from Victoria Falls and then into Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana
- Top picks for families – eight family-friendly ideas in southern and East Africa where you’re assured of loads of activity, caring hosts and top guides
- Off-beat explorations for adventurers – trips into some of the remotest safari enclaves – not the smoothest, not the most luxurious but definitely amongst the best
- Specials on right now – conditions apply
Time to snap out of that post-festivity nap…
When a power nap is needed however, baboons are beyond caring where they take theirs.
In Mana Pools the elephants are pretty relaxed about their surroundings but the close encounters won’t necessarily leave you well rested!
Talking elephants the Mfuwe group entertains us constantly….even more when a calf took a nap at reception last season.
Andrew Noons caught these 5 hoglets catching a nap with Mum at Ngala in November….more on Facebook
When it comes to good humour…Meerkats took first prize last year
If New Year resolutions are more than a to-do list for January 2017…
Here’s some anonymous food for thought…