British Bird Fair 2015
Any seasoned African traveller knows…
That only a few really important ingredients make the real difference on safari. It’s no different for serious birders!
- get your timing right (October through the November rains until April and the onset of the African winter) – read more about “secret seasons“
- unless you’re after very specific species include as many different habitats as possible – read more about “going beyond the obvious“
- local guides make the real difference
So we’re back at the British Bird Fair at Rutland in 2015
It’s our 9th year, we’ll be in Marquee 7 in the usual place on stands 59 and 60. We’ll have a lively Zambezi team on hand.
Come and catch up on the latest news from Ethiopia through East and Central Africa all the way down through our Luangwa and Zambezi valleys down to the Mother City. Here’s a taste of what we’ll be talking about:
- Chris Worden, resident Pro Guide extraordinaire is suggesting a 10 day birding safari that combines diverse habitats from Victoria Falls with Hwange.
- Zambia’s Luangwa Valley is home to Manda Chisanga and the thoroughly engaging Bush Camp Company guiding team – get your timing right and we’ll uncover some lifers.
- The lower Zambezi valley is renowned for its summer migrants and special residents – Lilian’s lovebirds, Pel’s fishing owls, crested guinea fowl, African skimmers and more.
- Steve Carey is the man for western Kenya’s specials in Mt Elgon NP, Kakamega Forest and the Laikipia.
- James Christian and Kerry Glen prefer to use camels to scout from the Craig family home in the Lewa Wilderness then into Masaailand.
- The annual wildebeest migration is always on the go and readily combined whether we do it from Kenya or Tanzania.
- Uganda is our preferred gorilla trekking destination but there’s so much more and the birding experience with superb local guides is simply extraordinary.
- Central Africa from Gabon to Congo has become a bit of a nightmare with some seasoned operators having pulled out…BUT…we have a solution for ticking off Picathartes and other specials.
- The traditional mainstream circuits in South Africa and Namibia are all too easy to do…here’s a sample of the tricks up our sleeves.
Come and join us…that’s at Rutland Waters, Oakham in the UK….Friday 21 to 23 August 2015. Tell your friends too!
Bare-headed (white-necked) rockfowl (Picathartes gymnocephalus) from West Africa