safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
British Bird Fair 2017
Any seasoned African traveller knows that only a few really important ingredients make the real difference on safari. It’s no different for serious birders!
Just a few things that make the difference on safari
- Get your timing right (October through the November rains until April and the onset of the African winter) – read more about “secret seasons“
- Unless you’re after very specific species include as many different habitats as possible – read more about “going beyond the obvious“
- People make the real difference! - here’s a selection of friends, guides, photographers, artists and journalists who’ve indeed made the difference on safari
So we’re back at the British Bird Fair at Rutland in 2017
It’s our 11th year, we’ll be in the usual place at the Bird Fair. Marquee 7, Stand 57.Rupert Finch Hatton will be on hand.
Come and catch up on the latest news. From Ethiopia through East and Central Africa. Down through our Luangwa and Zambezi valleys to the Mother City. Here’s a taste of what we’ll be talking about:
- resident Pro Guide is suggesting a 10 day birding safari that combines diverse habitats on safari from Victoria Falls with Hwange.
- Zambia’s Luangwa Valley is also home to Manda Chisanga and the thoroughly engaging Bush Camp Company guiding team – get your timing right and we’ll uncover some lifers.
- Well known for its summer migrants and special residents, the lower Zambezi valley is the place to go – Lilian’s lovebirds, Pel’s fishing owls, crested guinea fowl, African skimmers and more.
- Steve Carey is the man for western Kenya’s specials. Especially in Mt Elgon NP, Kakamega Forest and the Laikipia.
- James Christian and Kerry Glen prefer to use camels to scout from the Craig family home in the Lewa Wilderness then into Masaailand.
- The annual wildebeest migration is always on the go and readily combined whether we do it from Kenya or Tanzania.
- Uganda is our preferred mountain gorilla trekking destination but there’s so much more and the birding experience with superb local guides is special indeed.
- Central Africa from Gabon to Congo has become a bit difficult over the last few years - but there’s a solution.
Come and join us…that’s at Rutland Waters, Oakham in the UK
Friday 18 to 20 August 2017. Tell your friends too!
If you can’t make it this year then do bookmark the BirdFair site and keep any eye out next year. You’ll find first class exhibitors from around the world. Mostly well connected specialists. You’re sure to meet some extraordinary personalities too!
Victoria Falls - easily the hottest safari ticket in southern Africa
Read more about easy safari options from the Vic Falls hub. Good for mainstream travellers, better for specialists who’re keen to explore!
Go beyond the obvious if you’re looking for gorillas!
Mountain gorillas are traditional tracking subjects in Uganda and Rwanda. You’ll find some very special gorilla trekking options as soon as you set out for the lowland gorillas in the Congo Basin.