safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
ETA Trade Shows November 2017
We’re exhibiting with ETA, Eastern Travel Association in Harrisburg, Scranton and Allentown. That’s 13, 14, 15 November respectively.
We’re recruiting trade partners
At ZAMBEZI you’ll find a well-established team of “can-do” professionals for whom East, southern and Central Africa is distinctly home turf. With unrivaled local product knowledge and experience the Zambezi team can make the difference to your sales efforts.
- You and your clients can expect unrivaled customer service.
- We’re on top of our products and destinations. We know the safari industry inside out.
- Things are changing in Africa – we share the important insights.
- We’ll show you how to make the difference to your African sales.
- You get rewarded. Your customers will return for more. They’re yours for good.
If you can’t join us in Harrisburg, Scranton and Allentown 13, 14, 15 November respectively then contact ZAMBEZI here.
There are some really important changes in Africa
- Southern Africa is very busy in 2018 and 2019. Ratings have changed. Zambia is tops; Zimbabwe just gets better and better; Namibia and Botswana need to be done differently; South Africa warrants a short stop only because there’s a better way to get on safari.
- East Africa is looking less busy into 2019. Prices in Tanzania are climbing; Migration Safaris remain tops; Kenya holds even more appeal; Uganda is very productive; Rwanda is pricey; eastern DRC is becoming doable.
- Central Africa is opening up. Congo is tops but get in quickly; Gabon and Cameroon remain “difficult”; CAR and Chad aren’t friendly but watch these spaces for some secret spots.
The Safari industry has changed too
- DIY is in. Booking engines and OTAs are taking over the mainstream. It’s quick, cheap and easy for clients to book standard routes and hotels themselves. So good availability is becoming hard to find earlier in the game.
- There’s an increasing danger of “over-tourism” in traditional places - they’re mainstream.
- The best products on the fringes are “disconnected”. OTAs don’t handle them. There’s nobody interested on the ground to do logistics only.
- Fringe destinations hold the key to the best safaris.
- So how will you connect bog standard mainstream with the best on the fringes? If you don’t make the connection then your product only competes on price.
- For the next few years – clients must be encouraged to plan in advance; to use mainstream routes to save time and money; to spend well on the fringe products.
What can ZAMBEZI do for you?
- Our specialty for the last 22 years has been safaris into some of Africa’s best wilderness areas in East, Southern and Central Africa. We have a deeply connected and highly experienced team of both product and destination specialists. Based in Africa, also based out of the UK and USA.
- Do your clients fit this profile? They range from “first timers” to seriously seasoned “safari aficionados”. They’re “adventurers”, “milestoners” or “romantics”. They travel as independent singles, or couples, or small groups of family and friends (ideally 6, maximum 8 for a traveling unit).
- We can help you with the 5 secrets to a successful safari. Truly understanding then balancing interests and expectations, including budget; about getting timing right; about getting destinations right; about “going beyond the obvious”; about understanding that “people make the difference” on safari.
- We support you by getting it right on the ground. There’s a very strong circle of supporters over the last 22 years who attest to this. Many are public online (Google, social media, TripAdvisor, Feefo, SafariBookings etc). Others are private, available on request.
- Speak to us about joining the ZAMBEZI REFERRAL PROGRAM.
How we work with Trade Partners
We operate our custom safaris from offices in the UK and Zimbabwe. We use mainstream routes to get in and out of traditional safari hubs (e.g. Victoria Falls from Johannesburg or Arusha from Nairobi). Most of our safari activities then happen beyond these hubs. These are remote wilderness areas where the emphasis is on best game conditions with top rate Professional Guides.
Superior destination and product knowledge is our strength. A prerequisite when operating or selling safaris in remote places. Since the costs of miscommunication can be high we prefer to deal directly with customers. (We insist on direct dealings for emerging destinations or where active walking or canoe safaris are involved.)
We have a very strong appreciation for the relationship of trust that trade partners have with their customers. Your clients will always be yours.
The ZAMBEZI REFERRAL PROGRAM has 2 levels.
- Level 1 is quite simply a fixed “finder’s fee”, fixed % of list price paid on booking. Suitable for mainstream products.
- Level 2 is a more lucrative variable % of commission. Suitable only for agents experienced in Africa or where your clients are seasoned Africa travelers. Includes all products in East, southern and Central Africa.
Some essential reading ….
- The how where why and when to go on safari: A recap on African geography, our seasons and some top tips.
- Africa’s secret seasons: Get your timing right so as to skip the crowds, experience the best game conditions and obtain the best rates.
- Is it time to break away from the herd? Whether you’re in East, southern or Central Africa….go beyond the obvious, get your timing right and spend your most valuable time in the right spots.