safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Thanksgiving 2017 was celebrated in traditional style in the USA. For millions in southern Africa it marks a #freshstart too!
- In Zimbabwe…..the week-long run up to Thanksgiving 2017 started with the “coolest coup” that wasn’t a coup d’etat!
- Things continued with a resignation that wasn’t to be…..
- Then in the midst of impeachment proceedings Robert Mugabe resigned. Zimbabwe erupted with jubilation.
- A new presidential inauguration followed days later.
It doesn’t matter that we can’t peer into the future. We made it through a “coup that wasn’t” and Mugabe is gone.
Giving thanks in the best tradition…
We’ve always offered best wishes to our north American friends as they celebrate Thanksgiving in November (USA) or October (Canada). Usually marked with an offer of fresh bread from a Luangwa bush kitchen plus a few important snippets as we end the traditional safari season.
Thanksgiving time is a celebration of change…
- It’s the time of year when our rains break and we head into the warm and wet summer months of the green season.
- When the Mfuwe elephants return to their annual routine of passing through Mfuwe Lodge in search of wild mango.
- When the jacaranda trees are in full bloom and Zimbabwe’s national flower, the flame lily starts to flower.
- As the migrant birds are feeding and in their best breeding plumage. That secret time when some really rare birds are bold and visible!
- When the annual wildebeest migration is topsy turvy with indecision. To cross or not? Should we stay? Should we head south?
- This pre-December seasonal change is the best of our secret seasons - ideal for returning guests, not necessarily first-timers on safari.
Celebrations start from home turf in Victoria Falls and Kariba
- Victoria Falls is the heart of the southern African safari scene. The hottest safari ticket you’ll lay your hands on in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia or South Africa.
- Kariba is our original home. From which we operated canoe and walking safaris from 1995. We’re still there. Still running the most epic canoe safaris on the lower Zambezi.
Here’s an invitation to come and celebrate with us…from Vic Falls…in 2018
Early this year, a well-known, well-travelled British journalist compiled and published 50 of Africa’s “best safaris”.
We improved and trimmed that down to 25 of the very best African safaris. Ten of them do or can incorporate Victoria Falls.
- So if you join us on one of these typical trips into Zimbabwe here’s a 10% discount on the list price - just quote TG10. Valid through 2018 on new bookings made before 1 January 2018.
- Better still, we have a 6 night safari combination in Zimbabwe, valid now until April 2018, also November 2018. It’s 25% off list price - just quote TG25. Bookings to be made before 1 January 2018.
Top tips for getting on safari in 2018 and 2019
- Break away from the herds! Go beyond the obvious, get your timing right, spend your time and money in the right spots.
- If East Africa is in your sights. Tanzania is getting pricey, Kenya is utterly under-rated so give it extra thought, Uganda is topping our list.
- Emerging destinations….Gabon is difficult, CAR should be on your list, the secret is out about Congo. Speak to us….