safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Your Privacy – Our Policy
We process all enquiries through our UK-based head office. Depending on the nature of your request we may route the request directly to our African offices.
Our website provides visitors with information on safaris and related travel activities. All consulting is undertaken either directly by our teams in the UK and Africa or in the case of some activity-only trips the actual activity owners themselves.
We support the individual’s right to online privacy and subscribe to the following privacy statement.
What kind of information do we gather?
- You provide personally identifiable information when making an enquiry with us. This includes information on email and other correspondence, our enquiry forms, Guest Information Forms and payment authorisations. We gather this personally identifiable information with your knowledge, active permission and participation.
- We don’t gather full credit card information – when making online payments all transactions are processed directly via a secure card payment system operated independently of our servers.
- From time to time we sponsor contests and surveys in which your participation requires the provision of both identifiable and anonymous information.
- Anonymous data is gathered from our servers when you visit our site or correspond online – this includes IP address details. We may track your visit to our site by giving you a “cookie” on certain pages.
What do we use this information for and with whom do we share it?
- Safari arrangements: We use information that you provide during the enquiry, reservation and confirmation process to make safari arrangements on your behalf. We share necessary details with third party safari operators contracted to provide and optimise your experiences on safari. We don’t stipulate or in any way control the further usage of information that we provide to these contractors.
- Internal contacts data base: Your contact details may be used by us to update you on information that we believe will be of interest to you. This information is sent to you by your primary contact within the company on an ad hoc but fully authorised basis only. Alternatively by newsletter from which you can unsubscribe directly.
- Testimonials and references: In cases where we receive feedback which we believe would be of value to other visitors, we use unnamed quotations in testimonials. We only name testimonials once we’ve obtained permission. Many of our clients are happy to provide personal references to future prospects. We provide contact details of these referees on a one-to-one basis with their express permission only.
- Survey and contest information: We use personal information to update survey and contest participants on results. In some cases we’ll use your contact details to provide you with other updates that we believe will be of interest to you personally. Other than during the process of concluding safari arrangements for winners, we don’t share this information with third parties. Anonymous survey and contest information is sometimes used for statistical reports that may be shared with third parties – personally identifiable information is not shared.
- Anonymous clickstream data: We gather this information to track user trends to improve the experience of visitors to our site. We also use this anonymous data for compiling statistical reports that we may share with third parties. Some of this information is derived by means of “cookies” (small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer – you may edit your browser options if you wish to block cookies).
What else should you know about your online privacy and us?
- All information that we gather via www.Zambezi.com is the property of “Zambezi Safari and Travel Co. Ltd.”
- To prevent personally identifiable information from being used in unauthorised mailings and other solicitations we’ll never sell or wilfully distribute information that we gather.
- All employees are bound by this privacy statement – this agreement is in place to protect the company, its public officers, employees and clients.
- From time to time third parties are contracted for the provision of services to us (e.g. market research) whereby client information is made available to them – this information is protected by appropriate confidentiality agreements and used solely for the purposes of completing specific projects.
- Links – this site contains external links to other websites that may gather personally identifiable information from you and may have privacy policies that differ materially from our own. We recommend that you review these separate privacy statements.
How do you have your personal information updated or deleted?
We don’t provide any automated means for you to update or delete information that you’ve supplied to us but we’ll honour any request for deletion or modification.
In addition to the above, we undertake not to wilfully disclose any personal information in our records except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes or when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against any party who may be causing interference with our rights or properties or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Any material changes in the way that we use your personal information will be updated to this page.
Any queries associated with our Privacy Statement should be directed to “The Zambezi Safari and Travel Co. Ltd“