Authentic bush safari in Gonarezhou National Park
FROM PRICE: $ 1320 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 0
Appreciate this back-to-basics authentic mobile safari camp in the Gonarezhou National Park in south eastern Zimbabwe, with spectacular views of the red sandstone Chilojo Cliffs.
Elephants taller than trees, magnificent leopards, ruby red hillsides.
Gonarezhou National Park, south eastern Zimbabwe - 4 days/3 nights
Where is it?
Gonarezhou National Park is situated on Zimbabwe's south eastern border with Mozambique. It is the second largest park in the country and is part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park made up of Kruger National Park in South Africa, Limpopo National Park in Mozambique and Gonarezhou National Park.
What is the best time of year to go?
May to November are the best months for safaris with the hottest period being in September/October.
How to get there
By road: You'll transfer 5hrs from Harare in a comfortable land cruiser which fits 6 guests. We suggest overnighting at Great Zimbabwe Ruins to break up the transfer.
By Air: Private charters are available from any airstrip in Zimbabwe to Chipinda Pools airstrip located within the park or by private charter from outside Zimbabwe to Buffalo Range International Airport 3hrs away. Scheduled flights to Buffalo Range are available when combining the bush camp with a stay at Singita Pamushana Lodge.
Tips and Notes
Included in the safari:
- A professionally qualifed guide to lead all activities
- An exclusive camp for your group
- Twin accommodation, all meals, laundry
- All soft drinks, bottled water, local alcoholic drinks, tea/coffee and South African wines
- 2 activities per day
- Road transfers to/from camp to Chipinda Pools airstrip
Excluded from the safari:
- Parks entry fees to be paid in cash on arrival
- Park camping fees to be paid in cash on arrival
- Flights/transfers other than to Chipinda Pools airstrip