Best of Namibia Wing safari
FROM PRICE: $ 5221 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 4999
A Namibia flying safari including Sossusvlei, Walvis Bay, Damaraland and Etosha with accommodation in luxury tented camps and lodges in the company of an experienced pilot guide.
Namibia's best week long flying safari!
Sossusvlei, Walvis Bay, Damaraland, Etosha Pan - 7 days/6 nights
Where is it?
The entire safari takes place in Namibia and cover the highlights which is why we consider this to be an ideal trip to see the best of Namibia when time is short. Areas covered include Sossusvlei to see the dunes, Walvis Bay for a half day kayak trip to paddle with dolphins, Damaraland to see the rock paintings and desert elephant and Etosha for the waterholes and big game of Namibia.
What is the best time of year to go?
The trip departs on every Sunday of the year. Please see the following general notes on Namibia's climate:
- From mid-July to late October, the main overseas tourist season hits Namibia and lodges will be full unless you book well in advance. If you go outside of this period, it's much quieter and you will have many of the attractions to yourself. Apart from this, the only real reason for you to have a specific time for your trip is taking personal availability and the weather into consideration.
- There are three main climatic periods; the cool dry season is from May to October, when the days are cool, clear and sunny. Night time temperatures can be near freezing. At the end of the dry season it warms up dramatically, giving some uncomfortable temperatures in the Kaokoveld and Etosha National Park. The Caprivi Strip is affected by floodwaters from the north between May and August, as water flows into the Okavango water systems.
- There are ‘little’ rains from October to December, which are characterised by high temperatures and sporadic showers, whilst January to April is the main rainy season. Mid-summer is extremely hot and there are often violent thunderstorms accompanied by flash floods, especially in the north.
The best time for game viewing is from May to October, and for bird watching November to March is best.
How to get there
We will pick you up and drop you off at Windhoek Airport. If you'd like us to arrange your international flights, please just let us know. We will also book a convenient and trusted hotel in Windhoek if you require.
Tips and Notes
- Departures every Sunday year round
- Groups of 4 or more can book a daily departure, subject to availability of pilots/guides.
- A flight along the Skeleton Coast and a boat trip to sea for dolphins and seals, plus a seafood lunch in Swakopmund is included
- Safari departs from Windhoek at 10am on day of departure. At the end of the safari you'll be deposited at Windhoek airport at 13h00
- The safari includes all air transfers to and from Windhoek once the safari has started; all accommodation, all meals, lodge game drives, activities (excludes ballooning at Sossusvlei), all parks fees, all local drinks
- There is an extra charge for luggage over 12kgs per person
The price could be subject to change due to fuel surcharges and changes to parks fees.