Classic Namibia North-east camping experience
FROM PRICE: $ 2205
Explore northern Namibia via Okahandja and Grootfontein and the heart of Bushmanland on this classic camping safari including camping on the Okavango River and the Waterberg Plateau.
Set departure mobile adventures with like-minded travellers.
Windhoek, Grootfontein, Kaudom NP, Caprivi Strip - 11 days/10 nights
Where is it?
Our Namibia camping trip covers the little known north eastern area of Namibia as far as the Caprivi Strip in the very north east.
An exciting exploration of lesser known game parks, animals which will be seen during the course of the trip include: sable, roan, wildebeest, buffalo, kudu, giraffe, elephant and various predators including wild dog.
Game viewing is even better on the Okavango River and similar to a Botswana experience. The craft market and villages en route enhance the game viewing experiences.
What is the best time of year to go?
From mid-July to late October, the main overseas tourist season hits Namibia and lodges will be full unless you book well in advance. If you go outside of this period, it's much quieter and you will have many of the attractions to yourself. Apart from this, the only real reason for you to have a specific time for your trip is taking personal availability and the weather into consideration.
There are three main climatic periods; the cool dry season is from May to October, when the days are cool, clear and sunny. Night time temperatures can be near freezing. At the end of the dry season it warms up dramatically, giving some uncomfortable temperatures in the Kaokoveld and Etosha National Park. The Caprivi Strip is affected by floodwaters from the north between May and August, as water flows into the Okavango water systems.
There are ‘little’ rains from October to December, which are characterised by high temperatures and sporadic showers, whilst January to April is the main rainy season. Mid-summer is extremely hot and there are often violent thunderstorms accompanied by flash floods, especially in the north.
The best time for game viewing is from May to October, and for bird watching, November to March.
How to get there
The safari departs and ends in Windhoek. Please speak to us if you'd like us to arrange your flights to and from Namibia.
Tips and Notes
- Travelling costs as per itinerary; game drives, activities, entrance- and park fees
- Accommodation in two-man tents / double rooms
- Full board, refreshment drinks en route, house wine and beer at dinner whilst camping
- Experienced guiding in English or German
- VAT and Bed levy.
- Expenses of a personal nature, i.e. laundry, telephone, gratuities, souvenirs, etc
- Personal-, medical- and evacuation insurances
- Additional activities
- Alcoholic beverages and drinks
- Rates are as per scheduled departures
- For private departures during high season (July – November) a 20% per person of the tour price is applicable
- For private departures during low season (December – June) the above rates apply.
Back to Recommended Tours