Explore Gorongosa and Nuarro
FROM PRICE: $ 3700 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 2965
Gorongosa National Park and the Mozambique coast - 9 nights/10 days
Save US$735.00 per person! Spend 5 nights (only pay for 4) in the lovely Gorongosa National Park in a perfect bushcamp with delightful hosts. Explore the park by foot and by vehicle discovering its wildlife and diverse scenery.
Next you'll spend 4 nights at Nuarro (but only pay for 3), a truly authentic eco lodge situated in a private bay adjacent to the beautiful Baixo do Pinda with unbelievable diving and pristine beaches.
Where is it?
Gorongosa National Park, Mozambique's flagship national park and Baixo do Pinda on the coastline accessed from nearby Nampula.
What is the best time of year to go?
The most comfortable travelling conditions are generally in the cooler season from April until October. The climate is tropical and warm with temperatures sitting around 23°C. The wet, hot season is from October unti April when temperatures average around 28° C and the humidity is around 75%.
The hottest and most humid parts of the country are on the north eastern coast and upper Zambezi Valley. The coolest are areas in the highlands such as Niassa Reserve and Namula provinces near Ilha de Mocambique.
How to get there
Fly SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Beira and 3.5hr road transfer to Gorongosa National Park.You'll transfer to the coast by road and by air and on your last day you'll drive 4hrs from Nuarro to Nampula and connect to a LAM scheduled flight from Nampula airport to Johannesburg via Maputo (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday, Saturday).
Tips and Notes
The price includes:
- All rates are quoted per person sharing and are subject to change
- Special rates are not available during AUGUST
- Rates in Gorongosa inlude accommodation in mobile safari tents, all meals, all available beverages, all activities, laundry, Mozambique VAT/IVA
- Rates at Nuarro include full board accommodation, all meals including tea/coffee, bottle of wine on arrival, half hour back massage, non motorized activities (including bike rides and eco trails), US$5 community bed levy, Mozambique VAT/IVA
The price excludes:
- Beverages at Nuarro, any motorised activities at coastal properties, items of a personal nature, visa fees, travel insurance, medical evacuation, flying doctor service, tips.
- Children below 14yrs are not allowed to walk in Gorongosa National Park. Due to the nature of the camp children below 10yrs of age are not allowed to stay at the camp.
- International airfares to and from Mozambique
Mozambique Safari Spots
Traditional Safaris | Walking Safaris | Canoe Safaris | Family Safaris | Mobile Safaris | Honeymoon Safaris | Special Interest Safaris | Primate Safaris | Bush and Beach Safaris | Off Beat Explorations | Active Safaris | Migration Safaris | Riding Safaris
Return to Mozambique home