Kafue and Victoria Falls Special
FROM PRICE: $ 3896 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 0
With over 500 bird species, this week long safari to the Kafue National Park appeals to birders as well as those looking for a remote safari experience before ending in Victoria Falls.
Much on offer including wetlands, swamps and plains.
Kafue National Park and Victoria Falls in Zambia - 7 days/6 nights
Where is it?
The Kafue National Park is Zambia's largest national park and although it still remains relatively undeveloped, game management and conservation has improved tremendously in the last few years. The flat grasslands are flooded from March to May causing a wetland similar to the Okavango Delta with enormous herds of red lechwe while patches of woodland provide great birding and woodland mammal viewing.
Livingstone on the Zambian side of the Falls is the site of the final camp and is of course well-known as one of the seven wonders of the world.
What is the best time of year to go?
The safari is available only from June to November. The wetlands start to dry up from June onwards, drawing the game closer and closer to the permanent sources of water.
By November the game is concentrated on finding the scarce food and water sources until the rains start to fall again in December.
How to get there
Air transfers are provided from Lusaka or Livingstone to and from Kafue National Park.
Tips and Notes
- After the light aircraft transfer from Livingstone or Lusaka, a helicopter transfer is provided from Busanga airstrip to camp.
- The price includes: all meals, daily activities, laundry and drinks (excluding premium import brands)
- At the end of your stay in Livingstone, you are taken by road transfer to the Livingstone airport.
- Camps are on a four star level and very comfortable, all with en suite bathrooms.
- The itinerary can be reversed to start in Victoria Falls and end in Lusaka.
Zambia Safari Spots
Zambia Overview | South Luangwa National Park | North Luangwa National Park| Lower Zambezi | Kafue National Park | Victoria Falls | Livingstone | Liuwa Plains | Kasanka | Bangweulu Swamps | Western Zambia | Nchila Reserve | Mutinondo Wilderness | Shiwa Ng'andu | Lochinvar | Chimfunshi
Return to Zambia home