Spirit of Mozambique
FROM PRICE: $ 4485 | ON SPECIAL FOR ONLY: $ 0
Explore the magnificent wilderness of Gorongosa National Park before relaxing on Ibo Island to enjoy the history, architecture and beautiful beaches of this remote Mozambican Island.
Mystery, magic, culture and beauty.
Gorongosa National Park and the Mozambique coast - 7 nights/8 days
Where is it?
Gorongosa National Park Mozambique's flagship national park and Ibo Island in the far north east on Mozambique's gorgeous coastline and a part of the stunning Quirimbas Archipelago.
What is the best time of year to go?
The most comfortable travelling conditions are generally in the cooler season from April until October. The climate is tropical and warm with temperatures sitting around 23°C. The wet, hot season is from October unti April when temperatures average around 28° C and the humidity is around 75%.
The hottest and most humid parts of the country are on the north eastern coast and upper Zambezi Valley. The coolest are areas in the highlands such as Niassa Reserve and Namula provinces near Ilha de Mocambique.
How to get there
Fly to Beira Airport and 3.5hr road transfer to Gorongosa National Park. You'll transfer back to Beira Airport to connect to a scheduled flight to Pemba Airport in the north before a private air charter to Ibo Island.
Your Zambezi consultant can arrange all of your connecting flights from Johannesburg Airport to Mozambique at an extra cost.
Tips and Notes
See the attached detailed day-to-day itinerary.
The price includes:
- All rates are quoted per person sharing and are subject to change
- Rates in Gorongosa include accommodation in mobile safari tents, all meals, all available beverages, all activities, laundry, game viewing activities.
- Rates at Ibo Island include full board accommodation, all meals including tea/coffee, guided historical tour, daily transfer to private sandbank beach; medical evacuation in an emergency.
The price excludes:
- Beverages on the coast at Ibo Island, any motorised activities at coastal properties, items of a personal nature, visa fees, travel insurance, medical evacuation from Gorongosa, flying doctor service, tips.
- Children below 14yrs are not allowed to walk in Gorongosa National Park. Due to the nature of the camp children below 10yrs of age are not allowed to stay at the camp.
- International airfares to and from Mozambique.