Bazaruto Beach holiday
The islands of Benquerra and Bazaruto offer quiet and exclusive beach holiday options. Fun-filled days are easy for families and small groups of friends in affordable beach resorts. Add on simple safari connections to Kruger and Victoria Falls for safari and beach combo.
- 6 days/5 nights
- These sub-tropical islands lie less than 20 miles off the coast
- it’s a unique environment with thick casuarinas, white sandy beaches and coconut palms
- stay in a boutique collection of small luxury lodges plus larger and simpler resorts. You’ll find chalets, pool and sea villas all designed to fit in with the natural harmony of the islands
- the islands offer some of the best scuba diving in the world – look out for turtles, whales and dugongs
- try your hand at water skiing, wake boarding and windsurfing
- wind down at the end of the day with a dhow cruise and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
Organised and independent activities and tours introduce you to the island spice of life. Try horse riding on the beach, discover local culture with visits to local villages, bag your very own catch of the day on a deep sea fishing trip or learn how the chefs conjure up the exciting flavours of Mozambique cuisine.
Alternatively, you could of course just sit back and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the islands, relax and dine under the stars on freshly caught seafood and succulent meats barbecued to perfection.
Best time of year to go to Bazaruto?
- June to October – weather is warm but the island has a year round warm tropical climate
- February – cyclone season, avoid this part of the Mozambique during this time.
Boat transfer from Vilanculos to the island for 5 nights accommodation with breakfast lunch and dinner in a Beach Villa, daily organised activities included.
Days are spent relaxing on the unspoilt beaches, fishing, local village visit. Learn to cook Mozambique's unique cuisine, water sports, diving.
Mystery Spa treatment, scheduled daily snorkelling trip to Neptune's Nursery (weather permitting), Bottled water, soft drinks, House wine, Selected House spirits and local wine. Mini bar, Tea/coffee
Further relaxation as you totally unwind into swing of tranquil island life.
Explore the reefs with many types of brightly coloured fish. This is one of the best places for snorkelling and diving in Mozambique - or just immerse yourself in your tropical paradise - relax!
Boat transfer from Bazaruto to Vilanculos for your onward travel arrangements. Please ask your Zambezi consultant if you would like us to arrange your travel.
How to get there
Fly from Johannesburg or Tambo International Airport to Vilanculos Airport then boat transfer from Vilanculos to Bazaruto Island.
The area is a haven for twitchers with in excess of 150 species of birds. The shallow coastline is important for migrant bird species including swallows, waders, bee-eaters, cuckoo, fly catchers, robins and waders. The area also attracts inter-African migrants such as the Pygmy Kingfisher, just keep a keen eye and a pair of binocular to hand.
SPECIAL OFFERS at ANANTARA Bazaruto Island Resort
Valid for travel 6 Jan 2017 to 31 Mar 2017, 2 May 2017 to 22 Jun 2017 and 1 Sep to 31 Oct 2017
– Stay 6 or more nights and receive 20% discount (included in price quoted)
– Stay 10 or more nights and receive 25% discount
– Not applicable to group bookings
– Long Stay Offer is not combinable with the Honeymoon offer
– Minimum 4 night stay
– Offer applicable for Beach Villas only
– Bride receives 50% discount on her accommodation
– Copy of valid marriage certificate required upon check in(must be within 6 months of marriage).
– Bridal couple receives Honeymoon Added Value inclusions as per per below
Honeymoon Value Adds:
-Sparkling wine in room on arrival
-One authentic Dhow cruise experience(Non-private there may be other guests & weather-permitting)
-Complimentary Spa Rasul Treatment for two
– Hotel management reserves the right to substitute any value added benefit with an alternative without prior notice.
Bazaruto is Mozambiques's southern tropical beach getaway for snorkeling and diving amongst exceptional marine lifeRead More