Cape Town & the Winelands
Kicking off in Cape Town – a melting pot of creativity, colour, sounds & taste. This vibrant city is the perfect precursor to the Cape Winelands’ classic Cape-Dutch homesteads, grand heritage and sumptuous restaurants.
- Cape Town
- 8 days/7 nights
- includes car hire
Highlights of Cape Town & Winelands
In Cape Town you’ll stay in a family owned luxury apartment hotel in the heart of the city. before moving on to the Cape Winelands and Stellenbosch – a picturesque university town and epicurean delight with Cape Dutch and Victorian architecture, chic restaurants and oak-lined avenues. Stay 3 nights at the luxurious River Manor Boutique Hotel & Spa just two minutes from the village centre. A colonial style Manor with two swimming pools, secluded gardens and spa – a real touch of Africa.
- Table Mountain
- Robben Island, Nelson Mandela’s prison home
- Cape Point and the Peninsular
- Vibrant art and great music scene
- Wine tours and world class dining
- Colonial charm of Stellenbosch
Best time to visit Cape Town & Winelands
- June to September – dry season, good for safari
- November to March – visit Cape Town (summer)
- August to September – flora and fauna (Spring)
- June to December – whale watching
You will be met on arrival at Cape Town International Airport by a member of our support team and driven to your luxury apartment hotel. Which has the full service support of an hotel.
Optional tour of Cape Town and Camps Bay on an open red bus.A great way to get a feel for this vibrant city - highly recommended!
Take advantage of the complimentary scheduled transfers to/from the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town ICC.
Optional tours of Robben Island or City and Table Top Mountain. Allow a full day for either of these options - should be high on your 'must do' list!
Pick up your hire car and head off to Stellenbosch for 3 nights at the River Manor Boutique Hotel & Spa. The area is beautiful with some prime examples of Cape Dutch style architecture.
Stellenbosch has more than 200 wine and grape producers within the boundaries of the Stellenbosch Wine of Origin classification.
The Stellenbosch area is beautiful. Take a walking tour of the town centre, explore the art galleries, clothing boutiques and craft shops or just relax by the hotel pool.
Enjoy the drive back to Cape Town to drop your car off at the airport by late afternoon.
Tips and notes
- 7 nights accommodation with breakfast, based on 2 persons sharing. (One and two room apartments are available in Cape Town. There’s also a four room apartment suitable for a group of 8.)
- free Wi-FI
- complimentary scheduled return transfers to Cape Town ICC the V&A Waterfront
- car Hire: Hyundai ix35 or similar Group S
- International flights, visas, travel insurance, meals, drinks, activities and gratuities.
How to get there
The trip starts and ends in Cape Town
International flights into Cape Town International airport. Please contact us if you would like us to assist in your flight bookings.
10 days of extraordinary wildlife and some of the best wines in the world on our 10 day trip to Zimbabwe and South Africa
6 nights in the Kruger – one of South Africa’s best places for leopard viewing and elephant, lion, rhino and buffalo. A great family safari option
A complete overview to Cape Town, gateway to a rich cultural and historic heritage on the edge of the winelandsRead More
The Cape Winelands are the longest wine route in the world running along the Garden Route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth in South AfricaRead More