safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Wild and Remote Hwange Explorer
Our wild and remote Hwange Explorer is a classic and timeless African tented safari. We’ll spend 9 nights in deluxe en suite safari camps, each camp is in a different wildlife-rich area of Hwange National Park and away from the crowds. A traditional safari which is suitable for both first time and seasoned safari go-ers.
- Hwange National Park
- 10 days/9 nights
Highlights of the Wild and Remote Hwange Explorer
Hwange National Park is Zimbabwe’s biggest reserve. Home to a profusion of wildlife with giraffe, lion, cheetah, leopard, zebra, sable and approximately 40 000 elephants. Hwange provides a sanctuary for all the country’s endangered species with a sizeable population of wild dogs. Birding is also excellent with over 400 species.
- We’ll stay 3 nights at Veryne’s Camp, a private 10,000 hectare concession in Hwange NP. A natural amphitheatre fringed by teak forest which opens onto an impressive waterhole. A playground to the famous elephant herds of Hwange
- heading to Camp Hwange for the next 3 nights. A unique experience with day and night safaris both by vehicle or on foot with some of the best professional guides in the Africa
- moving on to Deka Camp in the far north west of Hwange NP. This is probably the most remote camp and offers opportunities for game walks and drives in some of the wildest areas of southern Africa
Best time to explore Hwange
- June to September – winter months can be rather chilly at night but clear, sunny and warm during the day
- November to March – summer months. Hot and sunny with short, heavy rain storms in the afternoons. Finally, this is the best time for birding when the intra-African and Palaearctic migrants are around and resident species in full breeding plumage.
(Sidebar image – Carmine bee eater on the Zambezi – Courtesy Brendon Cremer)
Fly from Victoria Falls to south east Hwange to stay in Verney's Camp on an all inclusive basis. Verney’s Camp is based in a private concession in the heart of Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.
Transfer to central Hwange game-viewing en route. Stay at Camp Hwange on a fully inclusive basis.
Transfer to northern Hwange, again a quiet area far from the crowds. Stay at either Deteema Springs Camp or Deka Camp - both are small and intimate in feel. Deka is more remote.
Transfer back to Robins Airstrip for a short light to Victoria Falls International Airport.
Hwange National Park is on the north eastern border with Botswana and part of the same eco-system as Chobe National Park, well-known for extraordinarily large herds of elephants. The park is home to over 100 mammal speeices, including lion, leopard and rhino.
"Zimbabwe – August Hi Trish – just to say the Zim trip was superb! Chilo Gorge is up there with the best lodges I’ve stayed in and staff were top"Richard W read more >>
"Dear Ang, The trip went well, very well. Every thing was great, more, to be honest, the trip has gone better than I expected. If you want I can describe"read more >>
"Victoria Falls in September: It was an experience of a lifetime. I can’t say enough about the entire staff being superb. Everyone was so accommodating. Being greeted by Denzel, who"Patricia N read more >>
Wildlife and waterfalls – from Victoria Falls World Heritage Site to game drives and river cruising in the Chobe National Park. This week long safari has it all.
A walking safari between two remote and seasonal camps in the Luangwa’s Chikoko area along elephant and hippo trails
A 7-night exploration of Mana Pools – a canoeing and walking safari with top professional guides, outstanding wildlife and authentic camps.
A typical 8 day safari which combines remote spots in both North and South Luangwa – suitable for families and small groups.
Hwange National Park adjoins the Chobe ecosystem known for its large elephant herds and wild dogs, prolific wildlife for walking and jeep safarisRead More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access in the best safari destinationsRead More