safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Kafue and Victoria Falls special
With over 500 bird species, this 5 night safari to the Kafue National Park appeals to birders and those looking for a remote safari experience.
Off the beaten track… Zambia’s Kafue National Park is a vast floodplain delta with impressive wildlife living on the floodplains including large prides of lion.
- Kafue National Park
- Livingstone (Victoria Falls), Zambia
- 6 days/5 nights
Highlights of Kafue and Victoria Falls
The Kafue National Park is Zambia’s oldest and largest National Park. The flood plains, rivers, and woodlands are home to an impressive array of bird and animal life. There are a number of private lodges including the Busanga and the Shumba Camps.
- Stay at Busanga Bush Camp in the heart of the Busanga Plains in a copse of fig trees. With just 4 tents looking out at the herds of Puku and lechwe. Dine under the canopy of a majestic tree by the light of a chandelier lantern
- stylish Shumba Camp (named after the famous pride of lions who live nearby) in the middle of the Busanga Plains with easy access to the floodplains teeming with wildlife. 6 spacious luxury tents on raised platforms with spectacular views
- Toka Leya Camp at Victoria Falls is home for your last night. 12 spacious en-suite safari style tents with wooden floors. Family units available.
- bungee jumping and water sports, excellent fishing and arguably the best commercial white water rafting in the world!
- relax by the pool overlooking the Zambezi – what more could you ask for… the endless list of activities led by experienced qualified guides perhaps? Well, we can do that too, their stories and tales will make your safari holiday all the more memorable!
Best time to visit Kafue
- June to October – the wetlands start to dry up from June onwards, drawing the game closer and closer to the permanent sources of water. Camps open – 1 June to 31 October when the rains start.
- November – the game is concentrated on finding the scarce food and water sources until the rains start to fall again in December
(Kafue buffalo herd by Dana Allen courtesy Wilderness Safaris)
You're met on arrival at Lusaka for a transfer to Kafue then 40 mins. road transfer to Busanga Bush Camp, home for 2 nights-all inclusive basis with twice daily activities, laundry and local drinks.
Morning and afternoon/evening game drives, walking safaris by qualified guides. amazing sunrise and sunsets. the Plains are home to huge numbers of birds and wildlife.
Game drive transfer to Shumba Camp. Activities include: game drives, boating, birding, star gazing with laser, guided nature walks, barbel fishing, bird hide.
Flight to Livingstone, 20 min road transfer to Toka Leya, all inc.on the banks of the Zambezi. Guided tour of the Falls, sunset river cruise, village visit, tour Livingstone Museum.
20 minute road transfer to Livingstone Airport for you onward travel. We recommend adding extra nights at Toka Leya in Livingstone if time permits.
How to get there
The Kafue & Victoria Falls Special starts and ends at Lusaka with return air transfers provided from Lusaka to Kafue National Park.
Please ask your Zambezi consultant if you would like us to book your international flights.
"Livingstone-Victoria Falls March: We have arrived safely home after an amazing holiday. We were met upon our arrival at Livingstone Airport by our driver who was waiting patiently in the"Tracy A read more >>
Kafue National Park, ideal for first timers and seasoned African travellers, southern Africa's best spot for a balloon safari over the Busanga PlainsRead More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access in the best safari destinationsRead More