Kruger and Sabi Sands Private Reserves
This 6 night Kruger safari focuses on two private unfenced game reserves west of Kruger National Park. The area is one of South Africa’s best places for leopard viewing and encounters with elephants, lion, rhino, buffalo pretty much guarantees the full Big Five experience.
A great family safari option.
- Kruger Private Reserve
- Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
- 7 days/6 nights
Highlights of Kruger and Sabi Sands
- 3 nights full board at the 4* luxurious Kapama Private Game Reserve (just a quick 30 minute transfer from Hoedspruit Airport)
- two daily safari activities. Excellent viewing opportunities: Big 5 – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino on small game drives.
- 3 nights full board at Idube in Sabi Sands Private Reserve. South Africa’s premier private game viewing reserve. Stay in luxurious air conditioned suites or chalets all meals and afternoon tea provided. Gym, Spa
- two game drives daily in open Landrover and daily guided safari walk under the close supervision of experienced rangers and trackers guarantee exceptional wildlife experiences.
- leopard viewing is legendary. Lions, elephants, rhino, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, zebra and a vast variety of antelope can be closely observed in their natural habitat. A premier destination in the heart of the wildlife conservation areas of the Greater Kruger National Park
- skilled, well trained rangers, excellent bird, elephant interaction, hot air ballooning, village tours, Hoedspruit endangered species centre
What is the best time of year to go?
- May to September – excellent time for wildlife viewing with thinner vegetation making it easier to spot wildlife within the reserves and around the water holes. There is little rain, plenty of sunshine and low humidity
- Malaria is low risk. But the lack of rain does mean it can be dusty. Early mornings/late evenings can be chilly.
You're met on arrival at Hoedspruit airport for road transfer to Kapama Southern Camp. Includes accommodation, all meals, two safari activities and airport transfers, game drives and bush walks.
Staying in luxury thatched suites, the camp offers diverse wildlife, look out for the Big 5 and prolific birdlife. Visit nearby Hoedspruit endangered species centre. Spa, Hot air ballooning (extra).
Road transfer to Idube Private Game Reserve for 3 days of game drive and walks. Discover village life, see the animals coming to drink from the hide, work out in the gym or relax in the spa.
You'll take a road transfer from Kapama Southern Camp to Kruger Mpumalanaga Airport.
How to get there
The safari starts and finishes at Hoedspruit Airport.
"Hi, Liz! I do have some comments that I would l like to make regarding the trip which was overall, spectacular and amazing. I had a wonderful time!. I LOVED"Charlene read more >>
An easy 8 day break in Cape Town and Stellenbosch – spectacular scenery, fine wines, dining, history, culture and exploration from the best city in Africa
Experience the saga of the Anglo Zulu war, stay at the luxurious Fugitives’ Drift with private verandah and pool. Fun activities for the under 12’s!
10 days of extraordinary wildlife and some of the best wines in the world on our 10 day trip to Zimbabwe and South Africa
Combine creature comforts in Victoria Falls with an active safari in Hwange’s wild reaches with one of Zimbabwe’s top guiding teams over a week
Kruger National Park for the country's best big 5 safaris with accommodation info and a detailed map of where to stayRead More