safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Lake Malawi safari and beach break
Complete relaxation in true remote settings. Combine a few days on safari in Malawi’s only Big 5 Reserve, where each drive is an adventure; with a few more on the beautiful shores of Lake Malawi.
- Mkulumadzi, Majete Wildlife Reserve
- Pumulani, Lake Malawi
- 7 nghts /8 days
Highlights of the Lake Malawi Safari
- Mkulumadzi, Majete Wildlife Reserve enjoys a stunning location on the confluence of two rivers
- game-drives, boating safaris, bush walks, hiking Majete Hill, cultural tours, birding trips on the Shire River and game-viewing from a hide. Guests are free to be as energetic or idle as they please although at least one activity per day is encouraged to best enjoy Majete
- Cape Maclear is one of the premier Lake Malawi destinations, renowned for its sunsets and snorkelling. On the Lake, Pumulani is set up on a hill overlooking Lake Malawi. Soak up the sun and swim in the gin clear waters the lake pool.
- good watersports – snorkelling, fishing, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, wake boarding and fun tube (motorized activities extra)
- dhow sunset cruise
- CICHLIDS are a big deal here
Best time to go to Malawi
- May to late October – drier winter months. Winter gets chilly high up on the northern Nyika Plateau but down on the shore of Lake Malawi you can expect warm, sunny and dry days – great beach weather
- November to April – hot summer rainfall season
(Majete elephants by Dana Allen for Robin Pope Safaris)
You're met on arrival at Blantyre Int. Airport, drive to Mkulumadzi (2.5 hrs) through colourful local villages, agriculture and bush. Riverside lunch on arrival, afternoon and night game drives.
Transfer to Pumulani. Secenic drive through game area and villages (5 hrs) to Nankumba Peninsula of Lake Malawi established in order to protect the unique cichlid fish.
You'll be transferred back to Lilongwe International Airport in time for your onward connection.
How to get there
Fly into Blantyre International Airport, Malawi
Majete Wildlife Reserve’s provides a sanctuary for a diverse mix of wildlife, including black rhino, antelope and warthog, while the Shire River is populated by large numbers of crocodiles and hippos.
The simple beach holiday during our winter safari season, great weather, quiet beaches and easy from South Africa at affordable prices
The Katavi and Mahale safari is a 7 night trip offering outstanding resident game in the wild Katavi plus chimpanzees in the remote forests of Mahale
The easiest beach holiday after a southern Africa safari - it's fresh water supports a rich animal population and hundreds of cichlid fish are endemicRead More