safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Our legendary expedition
Breathtaking scenery and incredible wildlife… what more could you ask for. On the edge of the lower Zambezi National Park - directly opposite the Mana Pools World Heritage Site.
- Lower Zambezi and South Luangwa National Park
- Chongwe and Chinzombo River Camps
- 7 nights /8 days
Highlights of the river camps
Spend 3 nights at the Chongwe River Camp sits at the confluence of the Chongwe and Zambezi Rivers. A real home from home camp with 9 exceptional ensuite tents straddling the Chongwe River. Then we’ll spend 4 nights at Chinzombo River Camp on the Luangwa River. This wildly luxurious camp retains its bush authenticity with grass and canvas walls, spacious living areas and soaking tubs.
As you can imagine, the views are stunning and game viewing is good on both day and night drives. Walking safaris, canoeing and boat trips add another dimension and really provides the opportunity to view wildlife from a different perspective.
- Day and night drives, boats cruises, walking safaris
- canoeing - grab a paddle and hop on board, it’s unlike any other canoeing as you get close to wildlife both on the river banks and in the water. Look out for large elephant herds which often occupy the the river edge. Also the ‘Island hopping’ waterbuck and buffalo an be seen
- good sightings of predators such as lion and leopard
- fishing - this is one of the best places along the Zambezi to hook a tiger fish or two
- community visits can be arranged
- biodiversity rich areas with eco-systems within the park from montane thickets, miombo woodlands, riparian forests and grassy woodlands
- outstanding birdlife - great for ornithologists
- communal outdoor dining is a really feature of both camps with their dramatic locations and river views. All meals are prepared by the team of chefs using locally sourced, fresh ingredients.
Best time to go
- January to June - low Season
- July to October - high season, the weather is dry and there’s little or no rainfall
- October to February - It’s hot and humid at this time of year just after the rains
- November to April - excellent time for birding
Game drive transfer from Royal airstrip to Chongwe River Camp - home for 3 nights all inclusive. Includes parks fees.
Unique and easygoing, Chongwe is a real home away from home, where you can unwind and escape. Daily activities include day/night game drives, boat trips, canoeing, walking, fishing
Transfer to Chinzombo in the South Luangwa, on the banks of the Luangwa River, this authentic luxurious camp is perfect for game drives and walking safaris- good for sighting leopard and elephant.
Game drive transfer and onward flight to Mfuwe airport
How to get there
The safari starts and ends at RYL - Lower Zambezi National Park [Royal Airstrip] Lusaka, Zambia.
A 7-night exploration of Mana Pools - a canoeing and walking safari with top professional guides, outstanding wildlife and authentic camps.
We’ve run canoe safaris since 1995. From Kariba, past Mana Pools, Sapi, Chewore and Mupata Gorge to Kanyemba. 230km of untamed adventure!
Get into the heart of Zambia’s premier wildlife hotspot… luxury bushcamps, excellent cuisine and top notch Professional Guides
Our wild and remote Hwange Explorer is a classic and timeless African tented safari for first timers and seasoned safari goers
The Lower Zambezi National Park includes a handful of excellent camps and safari lodges along the lower stretch of the Zambezi RiverRead More