Murchison Falls getaway
3 nights in the largest and best wildlife park in Uganda… Murchison Falls National Park is home to lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo plus large numbers of hippo and crocodiles on the River Nile.
- Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda
- 4 days/3 nights
Highlights of the Murchison Falls NP
The area has some great bird life too including the rare shoe bill stork. You can even go chimp trekking in the Budongo Forest as an added activity if you fancy a primate encounter.
It’s here at the Murchison Falls that the River Nile – the longest river in the world, is squeezed into an 8 m gap!
- Diverse landscapes from dense rain forest to undulating savannah
- prime game-viewing around the Buligi Circuit area between the Victoria and the Albert Niles,
- chimpanzees and other primates live in the forests
- buffalo, elephants and Rothschild-Giraffes roam near the river.
When is the best time to go?
Uganda is on the equator with a year round warm climate. Insignificant temperature differences.
- January to March and June to September – drier months good for game viewing.
- April/May and October to December – wet seasons when road access and hiking can prove challenging.
Met at your hotel for road transfer to Murchison Falls NP and Bakers Lodge. Excellent river views direct river access, lovely gardens, abundant birdlife, bathing elephants and hippo pods
Wonderful game drives, boat cruises to the base of the Falls, Delta and up the Nile to the Falls where the Nile River flows through an 8m wide gap!
You can choose additional activities: walk to the top of the Falls, chimpanzee trek to Budongo Forest, Birding on the Royal Mile. Fishing. flight back to Entebbe at the end of your stay.
Road transfer back to Entebbe unless you opt for the flight.
Tips and notes
Low season prices April/May & November:
Per person sharing minimum two US$2,243 per person
Per person sharing minimum four US$1,638 per person
High season prices:01 Jan – 31 March, 1 June – 31 Oct, 1 – 31 Dec 2017
Per person sharing minimum two US$2,388 per person
Per person sharing minium four US$1,775 per person
How to get there
The safari starts and ends in Entebbe or Kampala.
You’ll be picked up from your hotel and driven to Murchison Falls, a 6 – 7 hr road transfer
Possibility of visiting the Rhino Sanctuary en route.
Stops in villages and local craft stalls is part of the experience and most enjoyable as the Ugandan people are hospitable and welcoming in general.
- excellent bird life, including the rare shoebill stork.
- chimp tracking in the nearby Budongo Forest at extra cost.