safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Okavango Safari for Explorers
Use this Okavango safari to discover Botswana’s spectacular inland Delta – one of the greatest wilderness areas on the planet.
Our Okavango safari kicks off with a walking trail – we’ll spend 3 nights in the north eastern Okavango Delta, followed by 2 nights in the heart of the delta in a well-appointed safari camp. Fly down to the Southern Delta region for 3 nights in a superior luxury safari camp.
- Okavango Delta
- Moremi Game Reserve
- 8 days/7 nights
Highlights of the Okavango safari
- the world’s largest inland delta
- an incredibly lush oasis in the middle of the Kalahari desert
- some of the best wildlife in Africa – huge herds of elephant and buffalo roam the delta also cheetah… you may even spot leopard!
- plentiful collection of browsers and grazers – the predators will naturally flock to where food is in abundance. More common sightings include giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, hyena, antelope plus one of Africa’s most endangered predators, the wild dog. Listen after dark and you may hear the nocturnal roars of the resident lion!
- a safe and reliable safari destination, this Okavango safari doesn’t disappoint!
Best time to go to the Okavango
- July, August, and September – best time for big game viewing is during the drier winter months, the wildlife is outstanding (as with many African safari hot spots).
- November to March – best for bird watchers
- May and June – Champagne months and they’re delightful. Just before the peak rush of tourists arrive. Expect clear skies and lingering green bush and healthy, well-fed animals (this is the end of the rainy season).
(Photo credits: Ker&Downey)
You're met on arrival for air transfer to the Okavango Delta and the elegant Footsteps Camp where you'll explore this beautiful area. A true African bush discovery with your professional guide.
Days are spent walking, tracking and exploring. Discover the wilderness and wildlife here including the elusive Sitatunga antelope, Pel's fishing owl and African eagle. Fully inclusive accommodation.
Short flight to Okuti Camp in the heart of Moremi. Rich in wildlife, great game viewing as you explore the Delta by motorboat - a birders paradise. Also Buffalo, wildebeest, Lechwe, lion and cheetah.
Fly to Kanana Camp on the Xudum River. Explore the waterways by Mokoro for amazing variety of plants and birds. Kanana has a seasonal heronry. Guided bush walks, game drives and great fishing!
Flight from Kanana Camp for Maun Airport and your onward travel arrangements.
Tips and notes
How to get there
The safari starts and ends in Maun, Botswana’s safari capital. Please let us know if you’d like us to quote or arrange your international flights.
Animals which you’ll see on this safari include:
Elephant in good numbers
Resident lion and their nocturnal roars!
There is always a chance for “spots” – Cheetah roam the floodplains to south north, & leopard viewing is rewarding when they are encountered.
One of Africa’s most endangered predators, the Wild Dog
Other common species include: Buffalo, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hyena, a variety of antelope, & the chance to spot a number of nocturnal species.
The Classic Okavango safari with first class accommodation and top notch professional guides in the Linyanti
Combine creature comforts in Victoria Falls with an active safari in Hwange’s wild reaches with one of Zimbabwe’s top guiding teams over a week
Get into the heart of Zambia’s premier wildlife hotspot… luxury bushcamps, excellent cuisine and top notch Professional Guides
A 7-night exploration of Mana Pools – a canoeing and walking safari with top professional guides, outstanding wildlife and authentic camps.
Moremi Wildlife Reserve is a focal safari point of the Okavango Delta with a mix of swamps and wetlands hosting a wide range of wildlifeRead More
Botswana's Okavango Delta is known for its wildlife diversity, it's one of Africa's best year round safari places with famous camps and lodgesRead More