safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Selous and Exotic Zanzibar
Explore the intricate network of river channels of the Selous National Park, UNESCO World Heritage Site, where wildlife dominates the vast landscapes. Discover Zanzibar’s historical sites and beautiful beaches of the Indian Ocean.
- Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania
- Stone Town, Zanzibar
- 6 days/5 nights
Highlights of the Selous Game Reserve and Zanzibar
- Selous Game Reserve is one of the world’s biggest wilderness sanctuaries. Some of its more remote areas can only be reached by plane.
- The terrain is lush and verdant, our camp overlooks a tributary of the Rufiji River, the perfect spot to sip sundowners and contemplate the day activities of the day
- a great place for viewing the abundant wildlife on foot, by vehicle or by boat
- expect to see elephant, lion, giraffes, leopard and if you’re in the right place at the right time you may even spot the rare African Wild Dog
- Air transfer takes you to exotic Zanzibar, relax on the tranquil beaches, swimming with dolphins and go diving and snorkeling
- cultural and historical experience around Stone Town
- dine on the freshest seafood
- take the plunge into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean or just chill on the beach.
Best time of year to Selous and Zanzibar
- June and October – sunny with very little rain. Low humidity, fewer mosquitoes so less risk of contracting malaria.
- Zanzibar is a great year round destination, generally warm and sunny, some showers usually at night and in the early morning.
(Zanzibar sunrise courtesy Noel Smith)
You're met on arrival at Stiegars Airstrip for game drive transfer to safari camp. Stay 3 nights on full board basis including soft drinks, water and local brand spirits
Enjoy 2 Game Drives per day in a 4 x 4 WD Safari Cruiser, Explore the Selous ecosystem. Look out for wild dog, lion, giraffe, buffalo and elephant. Dinner at the camp
Final morning in Selous. Drive to Stieglers Airstrip for flight to Zanzibar where you'll be transferred to the Zanzibar Serena Inn in time for lunch. Explore Stone Town or take a dip in the pool.
The Serena is tucked away on the seafront, close to exotic sultan's palaces, Portuguese forts and bazaars. Take a Spice Tour of the town, Dhow trip island escape or go dolphin and whale watching.
It's time to leave the spice isle and return to Dar es Salem.
Book additional nights on Zanzibar or perhaps combine with the Serengeti to witness the migration before heading to the beach.
How to get there
The safari starts and ends in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. Connections from South Africa, Kenya and Europe fly daily into Dar-es-Salaam.
The simple beach holiday during our winter safari season, great weather, quiet beaches and easy from South Africa at affordable prices
Explore the Indian Ocean from Mauritius to the little known Rodriguez Island and back – cruise and swimming with dolphins included.
Far from tourist crowds you’ll find an unconventional safari and beach combo with big 5 game and the fresh water beaches of Lake Malawi
Become a beach bum for a week. 4 nights island hopping on a dhow in Mozambique followed by 3 nights chilling on Ibo Island.
Selous Game Reserve is the largest, uninhabited and singularly bodied African wilderness with the biggest elephant concentration of any African parkRead More
Exotic Zanzibar delivers culturally, scenically and is unbeaten in the simple task of providing private beaches, plenty of sun and relaxation.Read More