A private concession for a big game safari. The Tarangire National Park provides a truly raw African experience.
Step outside and smell, touch and feel the true African Bush at Little Chem Chem. Walking with your private guide you’ll learn to track the wildlife of this Tanzanian landscape. Explore Tarangire with morning, afternoon and evening game drives, visit the local Maasai people, picnic in the wilderness and dine under the stars.
- Chem Chem Concession
- 5 days/4 nights
Highlights of the Tarangire Getaway?
We’ll stay on the Little Chem Chem Concession within the migration area between Lake Manyara and the Tarangire National Park.
- Little Chem Chem sits on the edge of an acacia woodland, overlooking Lake Burunge.
- The Babati mountain range lies to the south-west and the Tarangire hills can be seen to the north-east.
- Elegant Little Chem Chem has just 5 rooms.
- Guests have sole use of the 16,000 hectares of wilderness – listen out for the lions’ nightly roars, don’t be surprised to see them around the camp during the daytime too!
- Lake Burunge is home to abundant bird life and it’s a good source of fresh water for the elephants.
- Cheetah hunt the adjacent plains while eland, lesser kudu and leopard roam the more dense woodland.
The ultimate vintage safari – just slow down and explore for a very private safari experience.
When is the best time to go to Tarangire?
- June to October is when the animals gather along the Tarangire River.
- There’s little rainfall and although other areas of the park may be busy, you’re staying in a Private Concession so the number of guests will be limited to a maximum of 10 at any time.
- The weather is sunny and the risk of contracting malaria is low because there are fewer mosquitos.
- Vegetation is thin so it’s easier to spot wildlife as they come down to the river, lakes and water holes to drink.
You're met on arrival for a game drive through the National Park, picnic lunch then on to Little Chem Chem on the edge of Lake Manyara
Morning, afternoon and night game drives, guided walking, sundowners on the lakeside. Meet local Maasai family. Game viewing-elephants, lion, lesser kudu, cheetah, leopard, eland - relax!
Leave Little Chem Chem for Kuro airstrip. Please talk to your Zambezi consultant if you would like to extend your trip.
How to get there
Fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport for a road transfer to Arusha.
Domestic flight to Kuro Airstrip.
Please ask your Zambezi consultant if you would like us to assist with booking the above.
Tarangire National Park is well-suited to walking safaris; less visited than the Serengeti region but with excellent wildlife and is easy to reachRead More