safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Highlights of the Victoria Falls big 5 safari
- We spend 3 nights at Ilala Lodge, just an 8 minute walk from Victoria Falls
- soak up the splendor of the rain forests overlooking the falls themselves
- complimentary dinner and tour of the Falls
- plenty of time for intense game viewing in Zambezi National Park
- it’s just a short flight to Hwange for 3 nights in the heart of the National Park. (The reserve is on the north eastern border with Botswana so it shares the same eco system as Chobe)
- we’ll stay at Davison’s Camp
- accommodation in charming en-suite tents overlooking the waterhole or plains
Best time to do this safari tour
Victoria Falls and Hwange National Park are great year round destinations. The rainforest around the Falls is always soaked in the spray from the Falls.
- May to October – dry season when Hwange is at its very best. Large herds of elephants and other animals come to the waterholes to drink.
- April, May and September – the temperatures are pleasant with little rain.
- Do take some time to read these notes on our “secret seasons in Africa” as you’re most likely to miss the crowds and get the best prices.
See ‘useful info’ below for seasonal rates and optional activities
An excellent value Big 5 safari available year round
(Photos courtesy Tami Walker)
You'll be met on arrival by our driver for the 35 minute transfer to Ilala Lodge, your base for 3 nights. Time to arrange your sunset cruise and tour of the Falls.
You will be picked up from the Lodge for your day trip to Chobe National Park. Plenty of time to explore before returning back to Victoria Falls and Ilala Lodge for the night.
Vic Falls is a bucket list must see and you're about to find out why! One of the natural wonders of the world. 1700m wide and a 100m drop. Take a raincoat, the spray is constant all year round!
You'll be met and driven to Victoria Falls Airport where you'll meet your pilot ready for a short scheduled flight to Hwange National Park, game viewing transfer to camp approx. 40 minutes drive.
Game drives in 4x4 Land Rovers, Guided nature walks, Evening drives with red filtered spotlight for nocturnal animals, Sundowner drives, Village & school visits (must be arranged prior to arrival).
Final game drive en-route to the Linkwasha airstrip in time for a scheduled flight to Victoria Falls (at a pre-arranged time).
How to get there
Following major improvements at Victoria Falls International Airport, it’s now easy to access from across the globe with British Airways, South African Airways, Kenyan Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
Visit Chobe National Park on an unbeatable and affordable safari tour from Victoria Falls
Explore Chobe and the Okavango on a fully supported mobile safari over 10 days. Run year round on set dates or private departures on request.
Get into the heart of Zambia’s premier wildlife hotspot… luxury bushcamps, excellent cuisine and top notch Professional Guides
Free nights and transfers, intimate camps in private concessions and amazing wildlife
Hwange National Park adjoins the Chobe ecosystem known for its large elephant herds and wild dogs, prolific wildlife for walking and jeep safarisRead More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access in the best safari destinationsRead More