safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Highlights of the Zambezi Wine Tour
The corks will be popping from Victoria Falls down to beautiful Franschhoek via Hwange and Cape Town. We’ve selected boutique hotels, luxurious camps and some outstanding South African vineyards.
- We’ll start in Victoria Falls with three nights of great food and wine. Explore the town and of course the iconic falls, African traditions and cultural activities
- just a short flight and we arrive at The Hide Safari Camp in Hwange National Park (Zimbabwe’s largest game reserve), an exciting destination with an underground wine cellar next to the waterhole – imagine discovering new wines while looking out at the elephants at ground level. This takes sharing a drink with friends to a whole new level!
- bid farewell to Hwange, a scheduled flight to takes us to Cape Town for 2 nights at the Cadogan Boutique Hotel in one of the best wine making regions in the world – need we say more!! The cosmopolitan vibe of this Southern-most point of Africa is reflected in the restaurants, waterfront, galleries and people. A great destination!
- our final port of call is in the heart of the Cape Winelands and the beautiful Franschhoek Country House & Villas. Experience the spectacular views of False and Table Bays and the flora and fauna of the Cape Winelands.
Best time to to the Wine Tour
- September – Concentrations of game are at their best, the weather will be hot and dry.
You'll be met by your driver at Victoria Falls airport for transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Sunset cruise on the Zambezi with drinks and nibbles. A la carte dinner at Makuwa-Kuwa restaurant.
Experience 'Victoria Falls' with a guided tour. 'Vulture Culture' dining experience. Cultural evening learning about David Livingstone, sampling fine local wines with our first wine tasting session.
There's plenty to do and see. The Safari Lodge has views over the waterhole and wild African bush and a great spot to enjoy the activities both above and below the Falls. Evening Boma dining.
Game drive road transfer to The Hide in Hwange NP. From rainforest to the Kalahari sands of the park. The Hide is next to a permanent waterhole for amazing wildlife viewing.
Wildlife and wine tasting - the underground wine cellar is on the way to the waterhole. We’ll see some of Hwange’s big game species including lion, buffalo, giraffe zebra and elephant.
Transfer to Victoria Falls Airport for scheduled flight to Cape Town and to the Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel on the Cape Coast, one of the best wine making regions in the world!
Day at leisure - Explore Cape Town and Table Mountain on the excellent open top 'hop off hop on' bus. and Cape Point our to see the penguins. Evening wine tasting.
Morning in Constantina. Lunch at Lanzerac Wine Estate. Visit Jordan Estate for tour of the vineyards. Tasting of Cobblers Hill and Mellifera Natural sweet. Arrive Franschhoek Country House & Villas.
Visit to La Motte Wine Estate. Recommend La Petite Ferme in Franschhoek for lunch. Visit Haute Cabrière Winery. Dinner in the Tasting Room at Le Quartier Français. Return to the hotel for the night.
Road transfer back to Cape Town to connect with your onward flight or we can add on a few days... perhaps in the Cape area, Garden Route, Kruger National Park or Indian Ocean islands. Ask for details.
Tips and notes
Zambezi Wine safari includes:
- Scheduled flights from Victoria Falls to Cape Town
- Tour of the Falls
- sunset cruise on the Zambezi River
- game drives in Hwange National Park
- drinks at The Hide
- hosted wine tastings throughout with notes on wine tastings are provided throughout.
- road transfers
- all drinks unless stated in the itinerary
- Personal travel insurance
- International flights
It’s possible to add 3 night extension to the Cape Winelands or another destination onto your trip in Botswana or Zimbabwe or South Africa… the choice is yours! Ask your Zambezi consultant to go through the options with you.
How to get there
Arrive into Victoria Falls International Airport (VFA). Scheduled flights operate daily from Johannesburg. 2 hour flight time). Return flight from Cape Town International Airport (CPT) to London daily. These flights are not included in the cost of your trip but we are happy to arrange and book them for you.
Hwange National Park:
giraffe, lion, zebra, 40,000 elephants. Also the more endangered species including one of the largest wild dog populations
An easy 8 day break in Cape Town and Stellenbosch – spectacular scenery, fine wines, dining, history, culture and exploration from the best city in Africa
A complete overview to Cape Town, gateway to a rich cultural and historic heritage on the edge of the winelandsRead More
Hwange National Park adjoins the Chobe ecosystem known for its large elephant herds and wild dogs, prolific wildlife for walking and jeep safarisRead More
Victoria Falls is Africa's adventure capital and hub for wildlife safaris with easy access in the best safari destinationsRead More