safaris since 1995
promised or better
24 / 7 / 365
Remote camping in Zambia
A Zambia remote camping extravaganza with exceptional game viewing, mountain biking and walks in Mwaleshi. Watch hyena hunting puku in the shallow waters of the Mwaleshi. Experience impressive herds of buffalo, the endemic Cookson’s Wildebeest and prides of resident lion.
- Tafika Camp, South Luangwa – 4 nights
- Mwaleshi Camp, North Luangwa National – 3 nights
- 8 days /7 nights
Highlights of our Zambia remote camping adventure
- Tafika Camp (South Luangwa) for exceptional game viewing with the finest leopard viewing in Zambia and walks and visits to the Mkasanga Village
- family friendly with 6 comfortable en-suite chalets, romantic outdoor shower. Honeymoon suite and family chalet
- morning and late afternoon game drives and walks with experience and knowledgeable guides
- follow tracks and paths of the Game Management Area. Mountain bike safaris
- Mwaleshi Camp (North Luangwa) is an unforgettable destination on the Mwaleshi River in the remote North Luangwa National Park
- spot hyena hunting puku in the shallow waters and buffalo herds and look out for the endemic Cookson’s Wildebeest and the resident lion!
- explore the untouched North Luangwa with your experienced manager/guide and an armed National Park scout and enjoy the freedom of Africa on foot. You can also explore further afield on a day trip to the Mwaleshi Falls upstream from the camp
- discover the world of tracks and sounds while walking in the North Park
Best time to go remote in Zambia
- 1st of May to the 15th of November -Tafika Camp is open during the dry season and children under the age of 10 years are accepted at Tafika at management’s discretion.
- 15th of June to the 31st of October – Mwaleshi Camp is also seasonally operated.
Arrive Lusaka International airport for your Proflight flights to Mfuwe. Met on arrival at Mfuwe for transfer to Tafika Camp.
During your stay at Tafika you'll go on day and night game drives, walks, cycling and visit the local village. There's an abundance of game, quiet spots to sit and watch the activity on the river.
Discover the world of tracks and calls walking in the North Park for 4 nights at Mwaleshi Camp. A wonderful experience of excitement and soul soothing space. Walking safaris only.
Enjoy the freedom of Africa's vastness on foot. You'll be dropped of and picked up by a vehicle see hyenas hunting puku in the shallow waters buffalo, endemic Cookson's Wildebeest and lion.
Breakfast at Mwaleshi before setting of to Mfuwe for your Proflight flight back to Lusaka and your onward travel arrangements
How to get there
International flight to Lusaka to connect with your Proflight flights to Mfuwe, return RASAIR flights to Mwaleshi
A guide to transfers:
- 1½ to 2 hr drive from Mfuwe airport to Tafika (included in the rates)
- Transfer from Tafika to Lukuzi airstrip (15 min drive).
- Board a charter aircraft for a 25 minute flight to Mwaleshi.
- Board the charter plane for a 25 minute flight back to Tafika or 35 minutes direct to Mfuwe airport depending
on your onward travel plans.
(Please note: Luggage should not exceed 15kg pp + 5kg hand baggage pp and should be packed in soft bags)
A walking safari between two remote and seasonal camps in the Luangwa’s Chikoko area along elephant and hippo trails
Our wild and remote Hwange Explorer is a classic and timeless African tented safari for first timers and seasoned safari goers
A 7-night exploration of Mana Pools – a canoeing and walking safari with top professional guides, outstanding wildlife and authentic camps.
Walk on the wild side with our 3 night camel back safari in Kenya’s Laikipia wilderness… excellent wildlife, perfect for families!
The South Luangwa and North Luangwa National Parks are known for big game and first class safaris hosted by some of Africa's top Professional GuidesRead More
The North Luangwa National Park is beautiful, rugged, raw Africa at its best and an excellent place for walking safaris and photographyRead More
The South Luangwa National Park is one of the country's finest wildlife sanctuary with high density animal populations, memorable scenery and walking safarisRead More