Zimbabwe safari special
A 10 day foray into Zimbabwe’s hotspots. Our Zimbabwe safari special is one of the best deals around. Discover the beautiful National Parks of Matobo and Hwange before heading into Victoria Falls. So we’ve handpicked a couple of intimate camps in private concessions with plenty of activities on offer to seal the deal.
- Matobo National Park
- Hwange National Park
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- 10 days/9 nights
Highlights of the Zimbabwe safari
- You’ll stay 3 nights at Amalinda Lodge in the Matobo National Park with two complimentary activites. Optional activities available and can be booked on arrival. Including sunset hike into the hills for sundowners and snacks. Visit the Ethandweni Orphanage. Track rhino. See the bushman paintings. Finally, sip sundowners at the Cecil John Rhodes Grave and Memorial Site. Bicycle rides (11km or 24km)
- Moving on to Khulu Bush Camp for 3 nights in the Hwange National Park (two complimentary activities). Optional activities here include Historical Dete Vlei for sundowners and game drive. Full day drive into the Hwange National Park with lunch overlooking a watering hole. Half day game drive into Park. Visit the Wild Dog Conservation and the Dete Old Age Home cultural activity
- Finally on to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge for the last 3 nghts. Activities include Vulture Culture Experience. Helicopter trip over the Falls. Sip sundowners on the Zambezi. Visit the Falls. Visit a hide sits with a professional guide overlooking a productive waterhole – a great way to get close to wildlife and you’ll get some great photographs too! Game walks to learn about the wildlife, flora and fauna of the African bush.
A Great opportunity to experience as much wildlife as possible with endless photographic opportunities.
Best time to do the Zimbabwe safari special
- The trip is also available year round.
- Find out more about our “green season safaris”. When the bush is green, migrant birds are aplenty and there’s an abundance of new life in the area.
Our driver will be waiting for you at Bulawayo International Airport for your road transfer to Amalinda. Relax by the pool, take a sunset hike up into the hills with sundowners and snacks.
Activities are optional. Suggest head into the National Park to track down the Rhino. Lunch at Amalinda. See the bushman paintings and sundowner drinks at Cecil John Rhodes Grave and Memorial Site.
'My Beautiful Home' bicycle ride either the 11km or 24km. Amalinda for lunch and relax by the pool for the rest of the day or Great Zimbabwe Ruins with Paul Hubbard.
Optional Sunrise hike with tea and coffee, breakfast before heating off to Khulu Bush Camp. Check in and visit to the Dete Old Age Home. Game drive and sundowners.
Full day drive into the Hwange National Park with lunch overlooking a watering hole.
Suggest visiting the Painted Dog Conservation Centre: Learn about these exceptional and endangered species or go on a game drive then back to Khulu for lunch. Optional evening sundowners.
Road transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge - take in the far reaching views of the African bush from the lodge, settle in, watch the wildlife at the waterhole or relax by the pool.
Additional activities include Vulture Culture experience, Bird hide, Siduli hide - Victoria Falls Safari Lodge waterhole to view wildlife up close including large herds of elephant.
A visit to the Falls has to be a 'must do'. A Pandora's Box of hi-energy buzz for adrenalin junkies-bunjee jumping, microlight flights and white water rafting.
Leave Victoria Falls for road transfer to Bulawayo international Airport and your onward travel.
Tips and notes
During your stay at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge it’s worth checking out these dining options and booking as soon as possible!
- MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant – a dining experience not to be missed! the restaurant is well known for its service, cuisine and very fine South African wines
- Buffalo Bar – named as one of the Great Bars of the World (by a top brand beer manufacturer), the views of the Zambezi River are magnificent!
- The Boma – Dinner & Drum Show – Best to book ahead – this is a popular night out in Victoria Falls! Feast on grilled traditional African food using local ingredients used to prepare grilled ostrich, suckling pig on the spit, guinea fowl, buffalo curry game stew, kudu steak and even warthog fillet. the evening is accompanied by performances from traditional singers, dancers and storytellers. There are vegetarian options too so this really is an evening for everyone!
How to get there
This safari starts and ends at Victoria Falls International Airport.
Please ask your Zambezi Consultant if you would like assistance booking your flights.
""Our highlight was to watch the birth of a Wildebeest.""Michael G read more >>
"Zimbabwe – September: The trip was awesome and, in particular, Blue Footprints was spectacular! We loved it there and highly recommend it, you found a gem there! So many good"Ron M read more >>
"Zimbabwe July: I had travelled with Zambezi Safari & Travel before but my partner Janet hadn’t. We were both taking early retirement and I wanted to surprise her with something"Steve and Janet read more >>
"Victoria Falls/Livingstone – June I was upgraded to 1st Class for my flight home to Kuala Lumpur from Johannesburg. It was a real treat, thanks! I enjoyed my time in"Nancy read more >>
"Victoria Falls-Hwange-Chobe June-July Everything went like clockwork!! Thank you for organising our trip – we can recommend Zambezi Safari & Safari Co. Ltd to any prospective travellers… From when we"David S read more >>
"My safari booking with Zambezi exceeded my expectations!"Mike Berlin read more >>
"Zimbabwe – September We had a fabulous time in Zimbabwe. Ruckomechi has a great position on the river although not being actually in Mana Pools The variety on offer at"Barbara C read more >>
"Fantastic 3 weeks away in Zimbabwe – Just returned from a fantastic 3 weeks away with so many contrasts and plenty of highs! The arrangements you made (and changed), for"Tim read more >>
"Fantastic trip to Zimbabwe – by Amy and Oliver We had a fantastic trip to Zimbabwe and would very much like to thank you and your colleagues for your assistance"Amy and Oliver read more >>
"Leon Varley Hwange Zimbabawe Walking Safari – October: Leon was great, more than great – he was exactly what we hoped to get in a guide. Extremely knowledgeable about the"Christine and Matthieu H. read more >>
"Zimbabwe-October We all had a wonderful time and thank you so much for your expert organization – everything worked like clock work and we were all impressed by Zimbabwe. Can’t"Nigel P read more >>
"Kariba Canoe Safari Zimbabwe Hwange Cape Town in February We had and absolute fabulous time… So glad you were there to help us with the up’s and down’s Thanks again"Rebecca F read more >>
"Zimbabwe-June: Hello Liz, We had a wonderful and memorable trip to Zimbabwe. Your arrangements were impeccable and everything went off like clockwork. As you know this is our 2nd trip"Venkat R read more >>
"Victoria Falls in December: We returned last week from a trip that left us with many stunning experiences and impressions. When it comes to the lion encounter and elephant safari,"Britta.M read more >>
"Hi Liz, We just arrived home today, You are by the best travel agent I have ever worked with! Your knowledge, service and speed to rectify any issues we encountered was"Rosie Currell-Paynting read more >>
"Zimbabwe Hwange – April All went remarkably well. From transfers, hotel pickups, personable guides to attentive hospitality at the camp the whole experience was outstanding. Very fortunate for us that"Teresa D read more >>
"We were impressed with all aspects of our safari. The Ilala lodge was lovely and also handy in terms of location to the Falls and town. "Cathy P read more >>
"Zimbabwe-November The Victoria Falls itinerary was wonderful. Ilala Lodge, Shockwave Rafting, and the Sunset Cruise were all excellent and I can strongly recommend these. The climb up the gorge after"Brian G read more >>
"Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe Johannesburg, Thornybush & Cape Town in South Africa Windhoek & Skeleton Coast in Namibia The trip was wonderful! Thank you Liz for your diligence in putting together"Ellen Deutsch read more >>
"Thank you so much for organising such an amazing trip for us Our Aussie friends loved every single second of it and couldn’t believe that each day seemed to get"J read more >>
"Zimbabwe and Zambia September: Contacted Chris Worden not knowing he is an agent for Zambezi Safari (found him on tripadvisor and had a question for him about Vic Falls and"John O read more >>
"Victoria Falls in September: It was an experience of a lifetime. I can’t say enough about the entire staff being superb. Everyone was so accommodating. Being greeted by Denzel, who"Patricia N read more >>
"Zimbabwe-September: Hi Chris, Sorry it’s taken so long to give you feedback from our trip to Zimbabwe! We took the plunge to visit Zimbabwe this September, after hearing great reviews!"Tony + Helen R read more >>
"Kariba and Hwange in September:: Well organized and exciting. I went both to an safari island in Kariba lake and a walking safari in a reserve. Everything was organized perfectly,"Peter N read more >>
Full of history and legends of Shona dynasties, Ndebele armies, British colonists and the wars they fought. Matobo Hills is a must on safariRead More