The Zambezi Safari and Travel Company
||Safari Par Excellence
Mwambashi River Lodge
The Adventure Options
Lodges and Bushcamps
Kayila Lodge is situated on a private game sanctuary on the northern banks of the Zambezi River, approximately 45km downstream from Chirundu opposite Mana Pools National Park.
Common sightings at Kayila Lodge are Elephant, Buffalo, Impala, Bushbuck, Kudu, Zebra, Warthog, Baboon, Hippo, Crocodile and an abundance of bird species. Nocturnal animals such as Hyena, Porcupine, Civet, Genet, Honeybadger and Leopard are occasionally seen on night drives. There are also Lion on the estate and Cheetah occur further east in the Lower Zambezi National Park. There have also been occasional sightings of the Samango Monkey on the estate.
1. Departures ex the Cutty Sark Hotel at 10h00 in Kariba. Road transfer to the Kafue Pontoon, boat transfer to Kayila Lodge.
2. By road via Chirundu and the Kafue Pontoon to Zambezi Wildlife sanctuary.
3. Air charters to Kayila airstrip may be arranged at an additional cost on request.
4. Float plane - vehicle transfer to Siavonga/Kariba shoreline, clearing customs and immigration at the dam wall. Air charter direct to Kayila Lodge landing on the Zambezi River adjacent to the Lodge.
If travelling from Zimbabwe: customs and immigration formalities must be cleared. Facilitation at both border posts has been organised to speed up this procedure.
1. Double entry visa for Zimbabwe - if required.
2. Return air tickets or vehicle registration particulars - if required.
3. Zambian visa - if necessary obtainable at border post unless you hold:
Swedish, Danish and Finnish passports - these cannot be obtained at the border. Visas for these passport holders can only be obtained from a Zambian Embassy prior to clients' departure on holiday.
4. Health documents.
5. Hotel reservations in Kariba or Lusaka are advisable prior to and after your stay at Kayila Lodge.
6. Advise Safari Par Excellence of any dietary requirements and any particular interests e.g. botany, ornithology etc.
Kayila Lodge is open year round.
African Head Office
� Copyright 1995-2008. "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co. Ltd" All rights reserved.